By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Starbreeze working on sequel to The Darkness

Legend11 said:

It appears that Starbreeze is working on a sequel to The Darkness.  The information was apparently leaked to a dutch rapper who had created a rap based on the The Darkness.  He then mentioned it to a dutch 360 website called Xbox 360 Only.

http://www.xbox360only.nl/nieuwsitem.php?nid=9171

Euhm I just read your first post:

De game welke een directe opvolger zal zijn op de vorige game, wordt eind 2008 of begin 2009 verwacht voor de next-gen consoles.

They say it is for the next gen consoles =/.

Around the Network

They're talking about 360/PS3.

Am I the only one who thinks it's stupid to call them next-gen consoles? As far as I can see, we're currently in November 2007, in which the current generation of consoles includes the the 360, the Wii and the PS3. Current, not next.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5, I feel the exact same way.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Legend11 said:
They're talking about 360/PS3.

Sorry I read 'Only X360' but you mean a site called 'Only X360'.

Around the Network

Yeah the site is called Xbox 360 Only but the game is for likely for both the PS3 and 360.

I thought the demo sucked so I have almost no interest in this sequel.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Soriku said:
darthdevidem said:
I played the DEMo on PS3 n it was crap./lol

no offense to the people who like it but with so many Great FPS's

i.e Resistance (for ps3 owners), COD 4, halo 3 (for 360 owners), Orange Box, Haze (for ps3 owners), UT 3 (for ps3 owners) coming

why go for darkness

UT3 is also coming to the 360 (and I think PC).

Yep but I think he means this year and if you would skip out the games who will have a release on PC then COD 4 and Orange box should not be in it too.

i want to try this game sometime, its 29.99 now... maybe i'll pick it up for christmas