By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So SONY's New game is.....SOCOM 4

whoops double

Around the Network

Socom 1, 2 and 3 were amazing, Combined Assault was just forgottable and Confrontation was like a dagger through the heart of the franchise. I'd given up on it, but this is coming sooner then I was ever expecting so will most likely give it one last go.

Doubt I'll be able to get all my clan and bro's back together though so may just pass :(. Confrontation really did kill the EU Socom community... oh well, at least Zipper is back.

My gut says this game will be too big and vehicle friendly and campy and noobish to ever stand up to he glory days of Socom 1 and 2 though :(.

KungKras said:
What exactly does "SOCOM" stand for?

Special Ops. Command

not sure what the OM is but I'd bet M is Military

, the single-player mission is designed to be a seamless in-the-field experience. That means there's no choppering out to a cushy battleship in-between missions to load out your team and regroup. The weapons and supplies you have with you at the beginning of the mission are all you get from HQ. Like a true special forces team cut off from the outside world, you'll need to requisition supplies in-theater. Hooah.

IGN ^

Yes...YES!!! FINALLY A REALISTIC SHOOTER!!!!

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Is it deffo coop. The ign article says they will announce more info later. That would be awesome.

Ynwa.

Around the Network

I'm happy with the announcement. I've always like a good SOCOM game with the exception of Confrontations... Thank god Zipper is working on it! I'm interested definitely.

Well it definitely was a suprising sequel considering that most people would've not had thought of SOCOM and instead wanted Killzone 3, Resistance 3 and inFamous 2. Those games definitely should get an announcement at big events like GDC or E3.

My question now is whether I should get MAG or SOCOM 4?

Well MAG is fecking awesome so this is an exciting announcement for me. Much better than Killzone 3 or Resistance 3. I didn't play SOCOM last gen because I wasn't into shooters, but MAG changed that. Certainly keeping an eye on this.

So many haters. SOCOM is one of the most loved shooters from last gen.

If they go back to the glory of socom2 I have no doubt that even Uncharted will have to contended with socom. Socom 2 was the shit.

Thank you Zipper!

+ motion controller

now we know how they want to sell the wand = online shooter american gamers

Time to Work !