By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much do trophies and achievements matter to you?

I'm just curious to see if people really care about these things. I personally don't give a damn. I think they're incredibly useless and proof that the more you trophies and achievements you have is just a reminder that you have played your games way too long.  I'm sure some people must love them if MS and sony have them on their networks.

So what's your opinion on trophies and achievements?

Do any of you brag about your trophies or gamerscore and trophies, treating them as a competition with friends?

Does a game that includes trophies and achievements influence your decision to buy a game?

Around the Network

I don't really care, I've purchased many Playstation 3 games without Trophies and enjoyed them just as much, if not more than games with Trophies. I never brag about my Achievements/Trophies, I'll mention them if someone asks though, I stopped caring like 2 years ago.

If I cared about Trophies, I would have missed out on Metal Gear Solid 4...which is RIDICULOUS!!! I would have liked for them to never exist, because I know many people who are obsessed with Platinuming(lol) games and getting a really high Gamerscore.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

for me its just a little bonus for the hardcore crowd...and thats all

I will do them when I am bored, they are a nice little addition, but I am not going to go out of my way to get them.

PSN ID: KingFate_

they add a nice amount of replay value to me. And having alot doesn't mean you play your game too much

Around the Network

Not much at all. Playing the game through on the hardest difficulty setting is a long painful experience and some of those achievements/trophies in games are impossible to obtain unless you are an ace at the multi-player component of the game.

Game save files can help out a lot if you must get the trophies/achievements without actually completing the games yourself.

Avatar: The Last airbender(X360)- press B for 2 minutes for 1000 achievement points. That game was so cheap.

Being forced to play crap/easy games for achievements/trophies- because you are an achievement/trophy whore. You would avoid games that take a long time to earn trophies/achievements.

I don't care at all.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Naw, I always thought the people going the extra mile to get all the trophies in a game were a bunch of lames. And now I find myself trying to get all the trophies in Heavy Rain.....wait....what?.....fuck.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I think the trophies were great idea.  After finishing a game it give you a reason go back and tried to get all the trophies.  Adds more value and fun to the game.