By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So people without internet are screwed.....

Severance said:
Why do they need fixed if they don't have internet? i mean the only thing that isn't working is the PSN. and if you want to play a game it works.

The bug happens even if you don't have your PS3 connected to the internet.

And yeah, this is going to be a problem for them because they have to count on people actually doing detective work and figuring out to go to the Sony site to somehow get the update.

I already know of two buddies who both thought their PS3 was just fucked and since it was out of warranty they were ready to give up on it and sell it on eBay.  These aren't people that are you're 40+ year old parents, these are 20-30 year old people who aren't hardcore gamers but aren't so much casual either so this is unfortunately a problem since peopel just don't know where to look for updates if they aren't automatically there.

Around the Network

How exactly are they screwed? They were never affected by this in the first place.

nordlead said:
Severance said:
Why do they need fixed if they don't have internet? i mean the only thing that isn't working is the PSN. and if you want to play a game it works.

from what I've read (don't know what is true or not) it deletes trophies and corrupts save files, which even if you aren't connected to PSN would be annoying.

well i just finished playing an hour ago , and my clock was on jan 1st 2000 because i used the "use internet connection" on setting the date and time. but you can normally set it manually

and about the save files that isn't true, since i played normally without anything , the trophies wont sync though, but since you don't have online, why do you want trophies for?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

dsister44 said:
V-r0cK said:
How do the few internet-less PS3 owners update their firmware? Unless there are numerous PS3 that are still on their initial firmware. But im certain those internet-less PS3 owners will manage and find a way.

They could put the patche/firmware on a disc that's included in a monthly issue of Playstation magazine packed with demos and videos. Sony should continuously have that for those that doesnt have the internet to download anything if they havent already. (I havent seen a Playstation magazine in years)

New games supposedly have the most up to date firmware on them 

really? lol never knew that.  Then another answer to solve the 'internet-less' people's issue. 

But to have the latest firmware and fixed asap they have to buy the newest game right away.  But if they're not interested in cashing out $60 in buying the newest game for months to come (possibly waiting for a specific game), it'd be nice to have another option of having it on every monthly magazine issue.

gurglesletch said:
How exactly are they screwed? They were never affected by this in the first place.

See twesterm's post above. I know plently of people who can't have internet, alot of people their 20s including my Step-Brother who just got a PS3 and can't afford internet. Lucky him he has a slim, but 2 years ago he had a fat and if he kept that right now he'd be screwed.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network
Severance said:
nordlead said:
Severance said:

from what I've read (don't know what is true or not) it deletes trophies and corrupts save files, which even if you aren't connected to PSN would be annoying.

well i just finished playing an hour ago , and my clock was on jan 1st 2000 because i used the "use internet connection" on setting the date and time. but you can normally adjuct it manually

and about the save files that isn't true, since i played normally without anything , the trophies wont sync though, but since you don't have online, why do you want trophies for?

It depends on what game you're playing.  Some games you can play, but some games like Heavy Rain and Demon's Soul you can't (I believe there are others, but I know those two don't work).

-edit-

I'm confident Sony will get a patch out in a timely manner, it's just a problem of getting that patch to some people.

don't u get firmware updates without connecting to PSN?

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

Dexorosorous said:
don't u get firmware updates without connecting to PSN?

Yes, but the current firmware is still affected. Sony would have to make another patch themselves.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
twesterm said:
Severance said:
nordlead said:
Severance said:

well i just finished playing an hour ago , and my clock was on jan 1st 2000 because i used the "use internet connection" on setting the date and time. but you can normally adjuct it manually

It depends on what game you're playing.  Some games you can play, but some games like Heavy Rain and Demon's Soul you can't (I believe there are others, but I know those two don't work).

-edit-

I'm confident Sony will get a patch out in a timely manner, it's just a problem of getting that patch to some people.

you can play Demon's Souls without signing in, i don't know about heavy rain thought, but i know Ninja Gaiden cannot be played AT ALL without signing in , even if you are in the middle of the game and you sign off it goes into the main menu =s

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

A Bad Clown said:
gurglesletch said:

See twesterm's post above. I know plently of people who can't have internet, alot of people their 20s including my Step-Brother who just got a PS3 and can't afford internet. Lucky him he has a slim, but 2 years ago he had a fat and if he kept that right now he'd be screwed.

How do you know that they will be affected though? This whole problem could be because of the current firmware and not because of some other thing?