By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So people without internet are screwed.....

Well Sony can patch it like Microsoft did when the Zune had the same problem, but what about the internetless? I guess they have to send it in to get it fixed, even though PSN is down you can still get updates if you have internet. It doesn't look like a good week to Sony Support or the affected....

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

Sony tech support should take care of the very few PS3 owners without any kind of internet.

Sony (in theory) could send out a 64MB flash drive with the new firmware installed on it. This would be cheaper than paying for consoles to be delivered to them and back and would prevent people from signing up for a flash drive as 64MB is close to useless (other than word documents)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Well, you always have the option of installing a firmware update via flash drive, memory stick etc. The fix will be made available on Sony's site and others, so you can always go to a friend and download it, pop it into your PS3 and its all good :) should not be too much trouble, there is always a way.

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

Why do they need fixed if they don't have internet? i mean the only thing that isn't working is the PSN. and if you want to play a game it works.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

How do the few internet-less PS3 owners update their firmware? Unless there are numerous PS3 that are still on their initial firmware. But im certain those internet-less PS3 owners will manage and find a way.

They could put the patche/firmware on a disc that's included in a monthly issue of Playstation magazine packed with demos and videos. Sony should continuously have that for those that doesnt have the internet to download anything if they havent already. (I havent seen a Playstation magazine in years)

Severance said:
Why do they need fixed if they don't have internet? i mean the only thing that isn't working is the PSN. and if you want to play a game it works.

from what I've read (don't know what is true or not) it deletes trophies and corrupts save files, which even if you aren't connected to PSN would be annoying.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Discs, flash drives, or take your console to a retailer/friend. It should be okay for those who are informed. For the uninformed (like everyone I work with), it's going to suck.

d21lewis said:
Discs, flash drives, or take your console to a retailer/friend. It should be okay for those who are informed. For the uninformed (like everyone I work with), it's going to suck.

That means everyone in the US is screwed, oh god.......

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
V-r0cK said:
How do the few internet-less PS3 owners update their firmware? Unless there are numerous PS3 that are still on their initial firmware. But im certain those internet-less PS3 owners will manage and find a way.

They could put the patche/firmware on a disc that's included in a monthly issue of Playstation magazine packed with demos and videos. Sony should continuously have that for those that doesnt have the internet to download anything if they havent already. (I havent seen a Playstation magazine in years)

New games supposedly have the most up to date firmware on them