By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If I buy a ps3 slim - could i copy game saves from old ps3 with date issue?

just planning - i was enjoying fallout 3 and heavy rain too much to lose that much down time.  So i'm wondering if i buy a ps3 slim then can i copy these over or will i somehow copy corrupt data over ifrom the old phat ps3 slim.

Around the Network

the save files depend on the game.Some games are not transferable and are saved to that specific hardware ,,,but some games are easily transferable

what about fallout 3? i'm about 90 hours in and really dont wanna start again.

You can copy fallout 3, but trophies will not work.

PSN ID: getrdone25

getrdone said:
You can copy fallout 3, but trophies will not work.

what r u talking about?

as soon as he logs in with his id on the slim,,,all his trophies will show up

P.S. Fall out 3 is apearently transferable

Around the Network

fantastic - gonna go, scour the internet and make a contingency plan just incase this problem drags on.

All the trophies he already earned will be there but if he copies his fallout 3 data and puts it onto a different ps3. He may not be able to earn new trophies on that save data.

I think it will be fixed by this after noon

@Me
If you have an external HD, do a complete backup from your old ps3 and then install it on your new ps3. If you do it this way everything should work fine.

Go to save game data and attempt to copy it, or look at the properties, some games are locked so as to prevent save data sharing between accounts. But most copy over fine