By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wal-mart Secret Sale: 80gb ps3 with 15 free Blu-Ray movies...

It's a great deal- a must buy for people who want a BR player.
Unfortunately for me, I bought the hddvd player.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Seriously, last time I went to walmart, they barely had more than 15 different HD movies. 2/3 of them were stinkers as well.

Agreed... They would have to expand their selection to something like best buy to even have a chance of getting 10 movies I actually WANT. The list of Blu-Ray and HD-DVD in total fits on an end-cap at my local wally world. The ones they have are utter crap.

If they had a really sizable selection, I'd jump in, even though I think I've already got a PS3 coming....

This is clearly a response from Sony to counter the cheap HD-DVD players that were going out the door.  But, since this is Sony, this is clearly agressive and not desperation as desperation is apparently reserved for Toshiba only.  That said, I hope Toshiba/BBuy do another killer HD-DVD deal over the holidays.  While they continue to beat each other over the head, HD movies and players keep getting cheaper.  Great for the consumer, regardless of your side in the war.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Soriku said:
WTF X_X Good deal but lol 15?! I think this will go unnoticed though for lack of people knowing and because I don't think people will be ready for this right away X_X But I could be wrong.

That's why it's called a "secret" sale. :P

We're not supposed to know about it.

I'd prolly do this too if I was the type to watch a lot of movies. My DVD player just broke.

Kasz216 said:
I'd prolly do this too if I was the type to watch a lot of movies. My DVD player just broke.

I didn't watch a lot of movies until I saw PotC2 on Blu-Ray. I got a DVD player in 2001 (ps2) yet only bought 12 DVDs over the last 7 years. In contrast, I've bought 8 Blu-Ray movies so far this year and have 5 more on the way.

HD really makes a difference. :P

Around the Network

There seem to be more and more people chiming in that work at Wal_mart over on cheap ass gamer. It seems this may be legit and that Wal Mart is, in fact, bringing in more movies for the deal. The question is how many 80 Gig PS3s they will have. If they have 20 per store, that's great -- they'll move 80K PS3s in about 30 minutes. If they have 2-3 per store, that's going to really piss off a lot of people...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Jesus Sony must be desperate

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina