By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Could Viva Pinata hit 1m?

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=2619

I was wondering, with the recent re-surgance of Viva Pinata both as a platinum title, and a pack-in in Japan, could it wind up slowly making 1m?

Currently, the chart shows that it's at 860,000 with no units currently being counted in Japan for the pack-ins (remember, the X360 has sold 25,000 units in Japan since the announced VP pack-in).

So that makes possibly another 20,000 units.

Now, finally, we can see that VP is now tracking again, and just hit 300k in the US, with another 15,000 units sold as-of last week, when it started to track again.

So with all of that, I'm thinking that if the European numbers hold, VP could become the slowest X360 game thus far, to hit 1m. It definately has the potential over Christmas to move 25k-50k in the US alone at that time, as well as the VP pack-ins in Japan (which could move 100-150k units).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I didn't realize it was at 860,000. For some reason, I was always under the impression that it was stalled out around 500K. If they hit a million, I'm sure they'd be ecstatic.

it has a chance but not a very big one

Soriku said:
Possible.

If it sells this well on the 360, I wonder how the DS one will do :O

yeah i think the ds one will sell over 1 million but it wont do it until after a year or so

I'd want to try it on DS, and also I might buy it for PC once it's down to $30ish...the only problem is it's Microsoft published, which means no Steam downloads probably...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I'm pretty confident it will reac the 1 million mark, but it probably won't happen this X-mas.

In my country it is bundles with a X360 (and i think this is the case in many European countries) so I say IT WILL!!

i hope it sells 1 million. such an underrated game, damn you microsoft for not marketing this game

Ari_Gold said:
i hope it sells 1 million. such an underrated game, damn you microsoft for not marketing this game

i tried it a little at my cousin it was a good game

I really think they should bundle Viva Pinata and Kameo together to target younger gamers, maybe make that the Premium bundle and target older gamers by packaging the Elite with Forza 2 and something else.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick