By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What computer brand do you think is best/worse?

Best: the one i put together

Worst: Everything else with Apple taking top spot.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Since there is no brand when you build one yourself, no one should be saying that.

Best: Asus

Worst: Apple

Vetteman94 said:
Since there is no brand when you build one yourself, no one should be saying that.

This is not always the case. Some people who have built computers for other people technically have a copywright to the name chosen if they fill out the OEM field in the OS, provided the name is not already copywrighted. This would mean that they would have created thier own brand and even have the option to trademark their OEM Brand name.

So in most cases, you are correct about self built not being a brand, but if the OEM feild is filled out, it is by law, technically a copywrighted brand name. :)

Raistline said:
Vetteman94 said:

This is not always the case. Some people who have built computers for other people technically have a copywright to the name chosen if they fill out the OEM field in the OS, provided the name is not already copywrighted. This would mean that they would have created thier own brand and even have the option to trademark their OEM Brand name.

So in most cases, you are correct about self built not being a brand, but if the OEM feild is filled out, it is by law, technically a copywrighted brand name. :)

You are still basically proving my point,  the people who built their own would know what their copyrighted name is and would put that.  But no one did,  they just said the one I built,  which is not a brand.

Best maybe Asus
Worst Apple

Dells aren't as bad as some people say. Well not anymore anyway.

Apple users will be happy to know they can get ads about Apple on their Apple so they can be smug while they're smug.

Around the Network

I dont buy a brand I build my computers for the ground up so i know what iam getting! Dells I hate them! HP lol not. apple dont think so Alienware dont like them also. Custom built computer all the way!

best: my computer

worst: your computer

enough said

When you buy an apple computer you are not buying a computer, you are buying a concept, apple isn't a company, apple is a lifestyle.

Best:Apple

Worst:HP

Best: self made

Worst: apple, you are way overcharged and cant do half the shit a pc can  half the price. I remember playing games with people that apple and they also have problems running basic programs. People that buy into apple, are nothing but mindless sheep

Best:HP
Worst:Gateway