By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Turok the Sleeper hit?

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_5407_en.html

This game is looking gr8. Could it be a sleeper hit this gen?

Around the Network

I honestly think there are far too many great games people know that they'll be buying for little known games to become very succesful this holiday season. Especially with first person shooters.

(edit: oh, it's coming out in February. in any case, I suppose there will be enough titles that got bumped away from the holiday rush to not make it stand out all that much. it looks pretty generic anyway.)

I can see it being quality. Killing dinos in the King Kong game was pretty fun. I still think a Turok game would benefit greatly from a transition to a third person perspective or over the shoulder view, but that's just me. I just feel the FPS is too restrictive.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

doubt it, turok die in the n64 era, let it die please

Turok died after the excellent Turok 2. My hopes aren't very high for this game, but I would like it to be good.

Around the Network

Until it is proven otherwise, I'm assuming Turok is awful based on its track record...

turok used to be a great series but then went downhill so im not sure abou this one

I would love an awesome shooter with dinosaurs...unfortunately this doesn't look like it'll be more than ok. I watched a fight with a T-Rex...and that AI was freaking stupid...it looked incredibly boring.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter - Great Adventure game more than an FPS, but still a great game.

Turok 2: Seeds of Evil - Great game, same as above.

Turok Rage Wars - Fun game, but had a glitch in it that just illustrated how sloppy Acclaim's quality control was.

Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion - WTF? Kind of an odd game, it's just... engh... wierd.

Turok Evolution - The last Turok before Acclaim went under, terrible loading times and no real formula, just an utter lack of focus. Terrible game.

New Turok - Who cares, let it die or give it to Retro Studios.

It will be mediocre.
I agree with the comment above that FPS doesn't really work for this game.
Maybe if the next Turok is a third person shooter with better dino AI, it will be a decent game, but this one doesn't look too promising.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick