By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - anyone else notice that the top 3 in gamerankings are nintendo games

Entroper said:
mancandy said:
As outstanding a game as MP is....it still does not stand out.

FPA? Try Shadowgate, basically the same concept...1987.

Trying to equate Metroid Prime... with Shadowgate.  Wow.  That's quite the stretch there buddy.

Metroid Prime is not a shooter, and it's not a point and click adventure.  It's Metroid in 3D from a first-person perspective, and that's what makes it awesome.  It retains all the core elements that made the Metroid series the best action-adventure-platforming games out there, and expands upon them with new elements like the visor system and bosses that make creative use of the new 3D environments.  And it capitalizes on the available technology by creating a rich, beautiful atmosphere for the player to explore.

Metroid Prime did even more for the Metroid series than Mario 64 did for the Mario series or Ocarina of Time did for the Zelda series.  And the Metroid gameplay elements are basically the intersection of Mario, Zelda, and Megaman -- platforming, adventuring, and shooting.  IMO, the three best games of all time were:

3) Mario 64
2) Ocarina of Time
1) Metroid Prime

Super Mario Galaxy is the only possible contender for Prime as far as I'm concerned, and as awesome as it is, I don't think it's going to topple Prime.

yeah i also think that MP was better than sm64 and oot but i think mario galaxy could top it

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
Interesting to note how none of the top three rated games are in the top three for game sales.

yeah but mario galaxy still hasnt made its end so you dont know,plus the other franchises are for the hardcore especially metroid prime

ShastaMasta said:
and through vc and backward compatibility 5 of the top 10 can be played on wii

yep thats why the vc and wii are so awesome

Information: SSMB is not a game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Metroid Prime definitely deserves to be up there, I sincerely doubt anyone bagging on it and calling it "just another FPS" even played it. As a person who has been playing FPS since ye olden days of Wolf 3d shareware (it came out before the commercial release) it only fits that genre in perspective.

Also Nintendo is at the top because they've been making good games for around 30 years. That by itself is no easy task, let alone getting people to care about your games for that long.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Information: SSMB is not a game.

yeah i know alot of people write it wrong it should be SSBB

cAPSLOCK said:
Metroid Prime definitely deserves to be up there, I sincerely doubt anyone bagging on it and calling it "just another FPS" even played it. As a person who has been playing FPS since ye olden days of Wolf 3d shareware (it came out before the commercial release) it only fits that genre in perspective.

Also Nintendo is at the top because they've been making good games for around 30 years. That by itself is no easy task, let alone getting people to care about your games for that long.

metroid prime is definitely not a FPS its a FPA

metroid prime was a revolutionary game that combined puzzles and shooting elements in a perfect way thats why it is up there

also resident evil 4 is there because it had a revolutionary over the back camera angle that many games use now

well, nintendo has always made great games