By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - anyone else notice that the top 3 in gamerankings are nintendo games

All I will say is that Metroid Prime is one of the most amazing games I've ever played.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Those of you who think SSBB will join the top 3, I say think again. I love the SSB-series and melee is a terrific game but they are not the kind of games that receives 100/100 scores.

I think SSBM has like 82/100 on gamerankings and brawl will probably do higher but not in the top 10 sadly :/

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

"If you wish to witness gaming history....play Doom. It is antiquated, but you will see where FPS began. If you have the patience, play Wolfenstien 3-D the birth of FPS. "

You know, in the realm of gaming history, am I the only person that played "Castle Wolfenstein" the original Wolfenstein game (1980's). It predates FPS, you look at room overviews. I see people reference WS3D a lot (it truly was groundbreaking), but it seems no one remembers it was a sequel. I played CW a lot back on an Apple II (before the Mac).

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Leo..you said you own Metroid Prime....how far have you gotten?

That is how it should be...

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Metroid Prime totally deserves to be in the top 3. Is not just another first person shooter, it redefined and revived the Metroid franchise in an awesome way.

Banjo is a good game. That said, I feel sorry for anyone who thinks it's better than mario64.

@radioioRobert: Yeah I remember castle wolfenstein. Use to play it on my friends pc a long long time ago

@Explosivo: I suspect you're right about SSBB not making it into the top ten. However, it does sound like they're putting a lot more into the game. Sounds like a big improvement over melee so you never know. Plus characters from other systems might help with some peoples biasness.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Metroid Prime is rated so high because it was one of the first games to combine excellent FPS gameplay with adventuring, puzzles and great gameplay. It also looked great, and had possibly the most gorgeous and atmospheric surroundings of any game before it.

It's kinda like how people say Bioshock is rated so high mostly because it's the first FPS on the 360 to force you to use your brain actually.

There's also the fact that it takes around 20 hours to complete for the first time, which is pretty good for any game, but downright unique for one that involves both the first person and shooting. =P

Even if Resistance is good, it's many years newer than MP (standards go up: in absolute term MP3 is better than the original, but rated much lower), and ultimately just another Halo clone.

mancandy said:
As outstanding a game as MP is....it still does not stand out.

FPA? Try Shadowgate, basically the same concept...1987.

Trying to equate Metroid Prime... with Shadowgate.  Wow.  That's quite the stretch there buddy.

Metroid Prime is not a shooter, and it's not a point and click adventure.  It's Metroid in 3D from a first-person perspective, and that's what makes it awesome.  It retains all the core elements that made the Metroid series the best action-adventure-platforming games out there, and expands upon them with new elements like the visor system and bosses that make creative use of the new 3D environments.  And it capitalizes on the available technology by creating a rich, beautiful atmosphere for the player to explore.

Metroid Prime did even more for the Metroid series than Mario 64 did for the Mario series or Ocarina of Time did for the Zelda series.  And the Metroid gameplay elements are basically the intersection of Mario, Zelda, and Megaman -- platforming, adventuring, and shooting.  IMO, the three best games of all time were:

3) Mario 64
2) Ocarina of Time
1) Metroid Prime

Super Mario Galaxy is the only possible contender for Prime as far as I'm concerned, and as awesome as it is, I don't think it's going to topple Prime.

The top three rated games are Nintendo games.
Mario is the best rated.
ALL is right with the world