By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - anyone else notice that the top 3 in gamerankings are nintendo games

The reviwers that gave resistance an 8.8 or lower just played the first couple of hours. You have to play through the whole game.

I hate people that say its medicore. You dont know what medicore is. Resistance was THE BEST no IS THE BEST GAME ON THE PS3 TO THIS DATE. cod4 got nothing on resistance, same goes with the other wanna be shooters.

The only thing is that the graphics are a little outdated since it was released a year ago.

Resistance easily> MP

And banjo kazooie was better than mario 64. What a good clone.

mM
Around the Network
Soriku said:
Lol, why is MP on there?

Hopefully their new RPG can be in the top 10, maybe become 3rd at least =/

because metroid prime is an outstanding game

leo-j said:
The reviwers that gave resistance an 8.8 or lower just played the first couple of hours. You have to play through the whole game.

I hate people that say its medicore. You dont know what medicore is. Resistance was THE BEST no IS THE BEST GAME ON THE PS3 TO THIS DATE. cod4 got nothing on resistance, same goes with the other wanna be shooters.

The only thing is that the graphics are a little outdated since it was released a year ago.

Resistance easily> MP

yep resistance isnt mediocore i agree on you on that,but it isnt easily better then MP,and i dont think najo is better than mario 64

banjo is great and one of the best platform games outside of the mario series but i don't think it quite deserves to be top 10. as far as metroid prime against other first person games, i wouldn't say its easily the best, certainly goldeneye, half life 1 and 2, halo 1 and 2(haven't played 3), and metroid prime 3 are in the same league. but its defintely not ridiculous that it got ranked higher than them. also resistance not even close. and yes zelda, metroid, and mario are nintendo's, and video games in general, 3 biggest franchises, so it is no surprise that the best from each franchise makes up the top 3.

that said i'm glad to see galaxy up there, i started out thinking the game was decent after an or two of playing, but now with a few more hours in its awesome. just keeps getting better and better. and i'm not even a quarter of the way through the game yet. i don't doubt by the time i finish i'll agree that its one of the best games ever.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

leo-j said:

Resistance easily> MP

Oh shut up. You don't know anything about those fucking games. Metroid din't get to the top for being a great shooter, it was a great adventure game too. And a puzzle. There are many games that have better shooting but don't mix the elements together perfectly.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Well, it's in the order I like those games surprisingly.

Mario > Zelda > Metroid

yeah thats what i also think

leo-j said:

Tsk tsk. Always stick to your roots.

Without Mario 64... you would have never played Banjo.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

@dtewi

Resistance does though.. I think because it was a luanch title it was dropped down. The game is amazing.

I own metroid prime, and mario 64 on n64 and the ds. Banjo kazooie is beter than mario 64. End of story :P

mM

if you make it a minimum of 5 reviews super mario world appears at numer 3 droping metroid prime to number 4

If you make it a minimum of 1, 1. Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse is #1 and Galaxy is #29.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you