By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What game made you buy your first Playstation console?

My parents bought my first 2 Playstation consoles (PS1 and PS2), but I bought my PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4.

But I also got it knowing how great Lair looked (that sucked), Final Fantasy XIII's exclusivitity (that backfired as well, stupid square, now expecting me to buy the inferior piece of crap they shoveled out), Heavenly Sword looked promising (til reviews said it was 3 to 5 hours long)......thank god things have changed for the PS3. (going back to play WKC)

Around the Network

I got mine for Squaresoft (Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Parasite Eve, Vagrant Story, Legend of Mana, Threads of Fate, Brave Fencer Musashi).

PSP believe it or not was my first ever, and still only Sony console, and I got it mainly for the Monster Hunter games.. would have been the PS1 but back then I was much younger and my gaming purchases were tied to what my parents allowed and my dad tended to have a Nazi-esque one console per gen policy.

I had been playing a lot of PSOne games in relative's house for like 2 whole years (Crash, Resident Evil 3 among my favs).

Then back when PS2 was released, my dad bought one just for the DVD, I meanwhile, used it for the games... A LOT. The mix of those awesome PS1 + PS2 games was perfect.

Then I got the PSP in Nov 2005 for the games, and because it worked as a music/video player. And the PS3 in october last year because it only does everything lol.

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

Actually, it wasn't a game, it was my 360 and MS.

After two RRODs in a span of 6 months, and after having two wireless controllers stop working in less than a year after purchase, and after spending an extra $100 dollars for Wi-Fi, and after going through about 5 PCs running some form of Windows.

I decided enough cheap crap that I keep having to replace.

So I got a PS3 and a MAC, and haven't had a single problem in almost 3 years.

I still use my 360 for exclusives like ME2, but I buy everything I can for the PS3, I just don't trust MS and their garbage products.

Fuck... I'm dead!

Around the Network

PS1
RE directors cut

PS2
Kingdom hearts

PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4

My father got it for him, myself, and my brother. My first and favorite game of that gen was... FFT!

CGI-Quality said:

sweet game

Oh i got the ps3 when MGS4 came out. That was more like it took that long to save money for haha.