By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Roller Coaster Tycoon

mikey said:
My friend used to make a pond, and drown people...

The original RCT is probably one of my favorite games of all time. I've always wanted a game where you can make roller coasters.

I only play the sandbox mode in RCT3; the "Scenario Mode" is severely flawed because of the bugs. It's impossible to make money no matter how well you strategize, the Peeps just don't go on the rides.

I thought I was the only one muhahaw!!!

Seriously though, I loved that game.

Around the Network

Ugh, RCT3 was a disgrace. Nothing compared to the first two.

Game of the year.

Now Playing: Guitar Hero III (Wii)

The only part of that game that I didn't like was making an insane coaster and not being able to force people to ride it! Otherwise, the games were awesome.

tacoking said:
Ugh, RCT3 was a disgrace. Nothing compared to the first two.

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *ahem* I agree that RCT3 was inferior to the first two. ;)

You can make some amazing, "insane," coasters and still have the stats right for the peeps to want to go on it. You just have to be good.

Game of the year.

Around the Network

Yeah i love RCT1 and 2 I think 2 is ridiculously leap in terms of difficulty to the point it pisses me off does anyone else agree with me say I'm not alone in this. Also can anyone give tips on how to make more money on parks that are free, which by the way pisses me off too.

allstarr35 said:
Yeah i love RCT1 and 2 I think 2 is ridiculously leap in terms of difficulty to the point it pisses me off does anyone else agree with me say I'm not alone in this. Also can anyone give tips on how to make more money on parks that are free, which by the way pisses me off too.

I feel you. I overcharge everything. Ex. If it's enterance, charge $10 at start & go up often. Charge big for food, drinks, & extras. Make lots of rides have picture sections. Don't add too much scenery.

If pay-per-ride, make them pay $1.00 for every intensity rate. Ex. Intensity: 7.26: $7.30 Gentle rides are $3.00 Overcharge food, drinks, and extras. Add on-ride photos to at least 5 rides. Don't add a lot of scenery.

Hope this helps.

I never even played to beat the scenarios after RCT. The scenarios in 2 just plain sucked. At that point I was good enough in the game, so I just made stuff to show off to other folks.

Game of the year.

tacoking said:
I never even played to beat the scenarios after RCT. The scenarios in 2 just plain sucked. At that point I was good enough in the game, so I just made stuff to show off to other folks.

Yeah, I like to create my own scenarios, too. Probably made 20 courses.

I loved the first one and own the next ones, but i havent played them at all, they just dont look as good

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS