By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Getting a PS3 soon!

the first two bosses on Demon Souls was easy, getting to them was much harder tho lol, espicially if you are using the magician class

I thought it was actually easier as a magician, could stand far away blast and repeat, grind for a bit, get some pots and then run through the level to where you can get the "shortcuts".

I can't imagine how hard that spider boss must have been as a melee character lol

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network

@Okey: ill probably end up getting Littlebigplanet cos my girlfriend thinks its hilarious.. We played a little at her brothers house... the pleasure she got out of slapping me is slightly worrying.

@jneul: Why would it be better to get a 360 if ive only got an SD tv?
We do have a HD tv in the house... its just that it is hard to get a few hours straight where no one is using it. I have mondays off uni though while everyone else is out of the house so for a graphically awesome game like Uncharted 2 or whatever i could move it to that tv. Most of the time though I will have to make do with SD.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

thanny said:
@Okey: ill probably end up getting Littlebigplanet cos my girlfriend thinks its hilarious.. We played a little at her brothers house... the pleasure she got out of slapping me is slightly worrying.

We do have a HD tv in the house... its just that it is hard to get a few hours straight where no one is using it. I have mondays off uni though while everyone else is out of the house so for a graphically awesome game like Uncharted 2 or whatever i could move it to that tv. Most of the time though I will have to make do with SD.

You just need to get faster at b****-slapping her before she does it to you ;)

If you have access to an HD tv AT ALL get an HDMI cable "just in case" though when you lauch it after hooking it up at different TV's you may have to reset up your video each time, not that big of a deal, takes like 5 sec, just annoying.

Look at picking up a receiver that takes an HD cable (and outputs via whatever inputs your SD cable has right now, as well as HD) for your SD TV, reason being, get a receiver now for cheap, then you can hook up a 7.1 system sometime later and an HDTV when/if you get one.  Plus they are awesome to have if you have multiple systems (like me) and your TV only has so many inputs :)

Tanstalas said:

the first two bosses on Demon Souls was easy, getting to them was much harder tho lol, espicially if you are using the magician class

I thought it was actually easier as a magician, could stand far away blast and repeat, grind for a bit, get some pots and then run through the level to where you can get the "shortcuts".

I can't imagine how hard that spider boss must have been as a melee character lol

no those blue eyed knights gave me troubles the first few times i encountered them, but after i learnt how to defeat them it was not too bad, also i got an easy task on the spider boss as i had a blue phantom helped me out lol.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

thanny said:

there is a big difference graphically when you hook up your PS3 on a SD tv and HD tv, trust me I know, because i used to do it that way, obviously first the PS3 is forced to use a lower resolution, it obviously does not look as good as when you have it hooked up to a HD tv, trust me if you want to play games like Uncharted 2 you have to experience them in HD.

I mean you can still try it out, but make sure you ask a friend to show you what it looks like in HD, then you will see what I mean, and you will start saving for a HD TV lol

Most games on the x360 are normally less than 720p, so it does not matter as much to have a HD tv, as you will not notice the difference as much ;);)

Really it is all a matter of what games you prefer, and like you said most of the x360 games are on PC, so PS3 may be a better choice for you, I am just trying to make you aware of all the pro's and con's of both systems, and in my opinion I have owned both and PS3 is miles ahead in every way.

Are you sure you cannot even afford a small HD tv??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

First, good luck finding one.....

well you need to get an HDTV really if you are going PS3 and blu-ray in my opinion anyway,

if you have an hdtv in the house then get an hdmi cable for whjen you use it,

but i would try and get yourself a cheaper hdtv even a 15 inch one,i had a bush 15 1/2inch for a few years and it is fine to game on just like a monitor until you can afford a decent bigger HDTV,

about play,i'm thinking about getting play tv,so it does have lots of channels then does it,i thought it was just like digi tv here in england,do all the channels come over the internet or do you have it plugged into the ariel?

have fun

Above & Beyond

Buy a PC monitor, they are generally cheap ($100-$200ish) and can do resolutions ABOVE 1080p in most cases, may only be 21" or so, but still get a nice image, just look for something with 5ms or less refresh

by the HDMI cable online. it will cost you around 5 dollars online. Also PLEASE buy a mic. A lot of people on PSN don't have a mic which can make it seem lonely at times. Any bluetooth will work. Just make sure it is good quality.

SpartenOmega117 said:
by the HDMI cable online. it will cost you around 5 dollars online. Also PLEASE buy a mic. A lot of people on PSN don't have a mic which can make it seem lonely at times. Any bluetooth will work. Just make sure it is good quality.

I have a mic - do you want me to be your friend?