By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: 'The Pro' XBL Mod 'Followed Protocol'

Mad props to the mod. I'm amazed he was able to show as much restraint as he did.

Around the Network
heruamon said:
BTW... iTzLuPo should his ass banned as well for spreading this shit on the internet...it's just amazing the nerve of these little shits. Extend his fucking ban for the entire month...you want to spread modded video to spread lies...that equate to a freaking ban hammer to me. Considering that ANYBODY posting comments like that freaking said to the thepro would get a perma ban on THIS VERY SITE...I'm not sure why this is a surprise.

Actually, I'm kind of curious, and I might be overthinking this, but doesn't this borderline constitute some sort of defamation of character? Spreading an edited video of someone abusing moderated power seems like a childish and ineffective way to try and get someone fired. I'm not sure though, defamation of character is such a tricky 'subject'. I think that someone with the intention of causing harm to someone's reputation with lies and fabrications falls into that though. Not too sure, but it sure makes me curious.

r505Matt said:
heruamon said:
BTW... iTzLuPo should his ass banned as well for spreading this shit on the internet...it's just amazing the nerve of these little shits. Extend his fucking ban for the entire month...you want to spread modded video to spread lies...that equate to a freaking ban hammer to me. Considering that ANYBODY posting comments like that freaking said to the thepro would get a perma ban on THIS VERY SITE...I'm not sure why this is a surprise.

Actually, I'm kind of curious, and I might be overthinking this, but doesn't this borderline constitute some sort of defamation of character? Spreading an edited video of someone abusing moderated power seems like a childish and ineffective way to try and get someone fired. I'm not sure though, defamation of character is such a tricky 'subject'. I think that someone with the intention of causing harm to someone's reputation with lies and fabrications falls into that though. Not too sure, but it sure makes me curious.

Seems like it's slander and defammation of character.  There's probably a host of others as well, but M$ has the ultimate jury stick of perma ban for the usertag.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

The guy's a douchebag and it's blowing up in his face. The whole Intertubezorz thinks he's a whiney lying idiot except for he and his stupid friends.

It's people like that that give Live and gaming a bad name. 22.5 million of the 23 million XBL members hate his kind. The more they get rid of, the better.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Well i'd say he got what he deserved.  Although I will say probably 90% of mods abuse there powers at least once in a while, they are after all just human...

Around the Network

I just listened to the unedited one, I would have banned him for life.

It's strange, I find the community on 360 a lot like this (not to this extent) but I have only ever had pleasant experiences with PSN (Not looking to start a flame war just my 2 cents) which I find strange as you have to PAY for live, then again, maybe that's why these 12 year olds are such dicks on live as their family buys them everything..

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

ah good thing we dont have to deal with that. god i love the ps3 community. wow. so they grew past insulting other players to now bluntly insulting moderators? also glad we dont have little kids like that

yo_john117 said:

Well i'd say he got what he deserved.  Although I will say probably 90% of mods abuse there powers at least once in a while, they are after all just human...

agree. i also feel the same way but just like reviewers getting payed to give games bad or good scores you cant prove or dissaprove it unless they are caught red handed and unfortunately that mod did nothing wrong.

I would have banned the whiny kid as soon as he spouted off. I like this Pro guy. I wonder is he was near Redmond campus....

Random Canadian said:
IllegalPaladin said:
Ugh.... kids.

Every game needs easily accessible mute features and microphone input/output controls.

I'd much rather mute everybody in the game I'm in and if I'm playing with a friend or two, I can easily unmute them.

I do the same , mute everyone but friends.

Are there a LOT of kids like that on Live? I have never ran into anyone THAT mouthy on PSN. Just a few kids calling me a fag because I was going for flags ( MW2 domination match ) instead of trying to match his amount of kills .... I Ended the match with more points then he did so he started calling me a fag because his K:D ratio was better.. good times

Well....look at it this way...23million live subs...10million*just shy* copies of MW2 sold on 360...with that large amount playin your bound to run into quite a bit of A-hats. Just use report system.

The most I ever get is from folks playing outside America(USA)....and the stuff that gets spewd at me is enough to wanna call the FBI.

And as for how it is on psn...I can only compare it to MW2*I have both systems and each has a copy*....and it's just about as bad.