By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - my No More Heroes 2 opinion (spoilers)

That was it? Seriously? As far as I'm concerned, there was less content in this game than the first one. Here it goes with the pros first.

- improved graphics
- improved audio
- hella awesome 8-bit mini games!
- lots of hallarious randomness (BJ5, a few of the battles, and Travis' clever wit)

but now the cons.

- starting at rank 51 was very decieving i think. I was expecting epic battle after epic battle, but after all the rank skipping you only fight 3 or 4 more bosses than the first game.
- boss personalities seemed to lack in this game too. Every boss in NMH was a twisted nut job with a back story. A lot of the bosses in NMH2 wernt. A couple of them don;t even talk to you. I felt less satisfied to defeat them without knowing more about them. (that sounds weird i know)
- lack of camera control..
- not much to spend money on. They made the process of making money so much fun in the game, but gave us nothing exciting to buy with it. No attachments or upgrades to you weapons from naomi. Just 2 weapons, 2 gym work outs, and clothing.
- no awesome beefhead videos phone calls.
- and my number one beef with the game would be...

THE ENDING!! What the hell!? That was it!? The game ended exactly how it said it would 20 minutes into the game! Kill the owner of Pizza Batt. Credits role. No secret endings, no plot twist, no extra items to unlock in a second play through. It offered to real reason to replay the game. In NMH, i beat the game on sweet and viewed normal ending, then I replayed on Bitter and got all the extra art and viewed the bonus ending. And it blew my mind! With NMH2 i found myself sitting infront of the tv waiting for the madness to begin, and it just never happened.

All in all it's still a pretty decent game. But I don't recommend buying it full price, as you'll likely only put 10 hours into it. Wait for a price drop and enjoy the madness. I'd give No More Heroes 2 an 8/10. (NMH got an 8.5 in my eyes.)

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network

If you had listened closely to interviews with Suda 51 he said that although you start at Rank 51 there aren't 51 boss battles.

I agree with you about the bosses certainly; they were much more memorable in the first.

Camera control wasn't too much of an issue. Only inside small places.

I agree with you on the money, but that doesn't make the mini-games any less fun.

The video phone calls sort of wore out their welcome already in the first game.

How is the ending in NMH1 any better? It just ends with a cliffhanger

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

I definitely think NMH2 is better than NMH.
it's true, some of the bosses weren't that memorable, but bosses like alice moonlight (or twilight), nathan copeland, dr. letz shake, new destroyman, or skelter helter were absolutely amazing! and margaret, for example, didn't talk that much, but i really liked the atmosphere of that fight. and the music of the game is incredible!

actually the only thing I really missed was the famous sentence "trust your force and head for the garden of madness"

but the "downward fucking dog" scene, made it up for me

and even if the ending wasn't that much insane and hilarious as in the first one, i loved it, because it was very melancholic.

for me NMH is a 9/10 and NMH2 a 9.5/10

punx not dead

i think it is better then nmh2

Not all the bosses from NMH1 were memorable. NMH2 bosses weren't that memorable also,but, NMH2 had more boss battles and Shinobu & Henry were fun to play with while it lasted.

I was hoping that NMH2 would answer some questions from NMH1,like, who was that little girl with Sylvia in the ending in NMH1? Who are Travis & Henry birth parents? Why did Thunder Ryu fight Speed Buster? Who runs the UAA? Who rebuilt DestroyMan and Letz Shake?

Around the Network

I think NMH2 sucks, i didnt understand the difference between quality and good content until i played NMH2

NMH1 was overall one of the least polished games ive ever seen, some parts felt like they were barely started, the whole fighting system was fucked up, the stages were fucked up, the whole map was a huge fuck up, not to mention the jobs most of them couldnt be considered minigames, but in the end, the game had something that kept me going back, it wasnt the 45 secs cutscenes, or the cool bosses, the game kept you experiencing interesting things, the fights were real, must of games keep launching you huge overpowered bosses with extremely obvious weak points, no more heroes didnt the fights felt like you were fighting another player (with the exception o destroyman)

NMH 2 on the otherside, has incredible graphics and the game is way more polished, the combo system is genius, the cutscenes are incredible and some of the bosses are beyond cool, but.. the game still felt dull to me, most of the boss fights are filled with gimmicks, the game world doesnt let you do nothing, NOTHING, the minigames are fun, but thats it, the extra weapons arent worthy, i just bought them for the heck of it, this game fails to bring anything as cool as Bad Girl, and that is a fact

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Bad Girl return alone would have made Desperate Struggle beyond good.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

exactly. Technically it was better in every singe way, but it just didn't have that kick in the face that NMH did.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

novasonic said:
exactly. Technically it was better in every singe way, but it just didn't have that kick in the face that NMH did.

I agree with this too. Now if only they had put NMH2's skin on NMH1's body, and then we would have had something. I think the boss-fights in 2 were much more engaging in terms of having to really keep moving and fighting dynamically, whereas NMH's fights were really just a "lather-rinse-repeat" sort of deal

I'll also agree that the ending was unfulfilling, but that was mostly because they really didn't do anything with either Henry (who just sort of walks out on the final fight) or Shinobu (who doesn't do a damn thing after Travis defuses her advances and she storms off).

I also miss the side assassination missions. Those would have helped. Revenge missions just felt pointless.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.