By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I am sick of what going on with kids my age it just not safe anymore

I sick and tired of people saying black on black violents is not working. Violent all together is not working. So many kids my age are dying nowadays for what where they live that is so dumb. How can you take someone life because of that. I really feel it for the parents because they work day in day out just to keep on the lights at home for their children to fail in school and become some sort of drug dealer. Instead of a pointless war in iraq i think the goverment should pay attention to war on street because how  many more children have to die before they do something. How many more mother must lose their  child before they do something. 

i just want to ask you guys if it the same where you live or was it the same in your childhood?  

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Around the Network

There's a song in there somewhere!

Growing up in the UK is nothing like that in 99% of places, although it seems to be geting slowly worse.

I understand what u are saying, and judging by your name, I guess you are from the Merseyside area, where there have been a lot of shootings... I just feel sorry for Reese Jones... the 11 year old child who got shot... =(

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I am happy to say that I really didn't live in a bad neighborhood, but I knew people who did. It really sad to hear about kids dying or ending up in a life of crime. Education is the biggest problem here. These kids don't feel like they have many options in life. The war in Iraq def. needs to end and much more money needs to be put into issues at home.

Ishy said:
I understand what u are saying, and judging by your name, I guess you are from the Merseyside area, where there have been a lot of shootings... I just feel sorry for Reese Jones... the 11 year old child who got shot... =(

London actually but I have no fear of walking anywhere in London, it's very unlikely anything would happen to you.

Around the Network

I grew up on a little city in Spain, so it was quite easy to live there.

But I live in London now, and I'm 26 years old, at some moment I guess that I would have to form a family with my girlfriend. No way I'm doing it here; this city is really aggressive, definitely not a good place for little kids to grow.

I'm really sorry for lots of kids in the UK, it might be the education system or the pressure that parents put to their children, but the UK in general is not a really friendly place if you're a kid.

Just out of curiosity, which cities do you think are the safest ones to have a family?

I guess that almost any Canadian one and probably San Francisco :)

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/YUK04.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0"

err how about south London

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Yuk04 said:
I grew up on a little city in Spain, so it was quite easy to live there.

But I live in London now, and I'm 26 years old, at some moment I guess that I would have to form a family with my girlfriend. No way I'm doing it here; this city is really aggressive, definitely not a good place for little kids to grow.

I'm really sorry for lots of kids in the UK, it might be the education system or the pressure that parents put to their children, but the UK in general is not a really friendly place if you're a kid.

Just out of curiosity, which cities do you think are the safest ones to have a family?

I guess that almost any Canadian one and probably San Francisco :)

Try Scandinavia, they are pretty much perfect societies. 

kopboi said:

I sick and tired of people saying black on black violents is not working. Violent all together is not working. So many kids my age are dying nowadays for what where they live that is so dumb. How can you take someone life because of that. I really feel it for the parents because they work day in day out just to keep on the lights at home for their children to fail in school and become some sort of drug dealer. Instead of a pointless war in iraq i think the goverment should pay attention to war on street because how many more children have to die before they do something. How many more mother must lose their child before they do something.

i just want to ask you guys if it the same where you live or was it the same in your childhood?

I grew up in Newark, some have called in the Crack capitol of the world, also Jersey City and New York City.  The theory you're presenting is nice and an ideal world would indeed have none of this. The problem is, they can't control everybody. When they stop one person from dealing drugs, there's another right behind him believe me, I've seen it. Honestly, the dieing part, I think is terrible but they can only slow it down a little they can't completly controll it and to do so they'd have to violate your rights to an extent. I personally like my rights though there's a high price to pay for them. The drug part, the kids themselves can prevent that, the parents can prevent that. A parent can supervise their kid more often watch over them more lecture them a bit and PUNISH them when they're bad. Teach your kid respect for their elders and parents and you might have one less person later to deal with pushing it on the new kids. There will always be a bad guy there will always be a good guy and a lot of shades of gray between but you can never expect the good to be able to follow track and prevent every bad occurence that's just ignorant. 

Actually, Canada has Calgary and Winnipeg (Go Calgary!). Now, being the worst in Canada may not be that bad compared to other places, but ideal certainly isn't the word.

Very weird tangent: This is why I hate rap. What started as a means to get a message out about the violence in communities for people who felt that they dind't have a voice has turned into a means to get messages about starting violences in communities. Certainly isn't the cause, but it's pretty sickening in my opinion.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.