By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Civilization V announced

Shit...

I hope I don't have anything to do from October to next April.. June if Zelda comes out.

Around the Network

Now we're getting somewhere. I'd really like to get into this franchise. Is this coming to consoles or no? (I didn't read the OP)

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

regin2005 said:
Now we're getting somewhere. I'd really like to get into this franchise. Is this coming to consoles or no? (I didn't read the OP)

No

the biggest addition to Civ IV was Fall from Heaven 2, but hopefully Civ5 will be OK on its own. I never went back to vanilla CivIV after playing Fall from Heaven 2.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

nordlead said:
since there are a ton of civ fans in here maybe someone can answer this question that I really don't want to create a new thread for.

Can I buy the UK import version of an expansion pack and have it work on the US version of the game? I ask because I can get it for $5 compared to $15 for the US version.

Don't know if you've already made your purchase yet but if not, I bought an expansion pack in America to my UK version of Civ IV and it ran without any problems so the UK version you want should be fine.

Around the Network

Hex based tiles for the win!

salaminizer said:

the biggest addition to Civ IV was Fall from Heaven 2, but hopefully Civ5 will be OK on its own. I never went back to vanilla CivIV after playing Fall from Heaven 2.

There is not any region coding for PC games.

Civ 4 didn't even have a cd key didn't it?