By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassins creed 1st impressions

Ive had the game for about 4 hours now, and i thought a quick thought on how i think it is should help decided those of you on the fence

First off Ill give it a grades

Presentation

8.5-9 Everything looks awsome, just some menu confusion little things

Graphics

9.5 Game is gorgous, all the cities are stunning, alot of time and effort put into this.

Sound

8  The Main characters voice acting is not really good, thankfully the others are alright, and the music is decent, and the other sounds are fine.

Gameplay

8-9 This is where every single review is going to be different, right now i love the gameplay, the sword fighting is really cool, but i understand how it can get repitive, but thats why i try to avoid it and use stealth. The few times when it goes in to watch your guy kill someone is really awsome to watch. The climbing is so danm awsome, they made it so realistic.

Story-7-9. I cant really give this a score yet, but it would be easily a 9, if they didnt have the other character, just annoying mostly. Besides that its alright for a story, i can tell its gonna get better though.

Lasting appeal

No score- havent played it all, but right now i could easily start the game over and want to do everything again.

Score 8.5-9.5

Heres the deal, and its the way AU put it. This is a type of game where you really like it, or you dont. The game is stunning in the terms of how much work was put into it. It really is a sandbox in terms of amount of area there is to explore. The graphics are stunning, sound is decent/good, and the gameplay can be really cool. Its a great game ive yet to regret it one second. If any of you are on the fence, then give it a rent or a buy, this game is very worthy of both.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

I will pass this game but happy that you liked it.

You know how you can look at a game and tell if you're gonna like it or not?

That's how I feel about Assassin's Creed. I know I'll like it.

By the way, thanks for your impressions, Lost. Appreciate it.

IGn really made me mad with their review, same with 1up

Seriously how they can rate other games higher then AC is beyond me

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

forgot to mention
THe AI is really not as bad as IGn made it out to be, ive had alot of times where all the soldiers attacked me at once. Civilians are very useful and im suprised at some of the reactions, ive had alot of people begging at my feet.
The only really stupid part, is assassinating a guard, and its right in front of his partner, but he doesnt knowtice and yells "who did this!" then i kill him =/

Around the Network

Really, I hate the way games are reviewed nowadays. This game is alot better than people made it out to be. It may not be what I intially thought it was, but I got the game at 7 and have been playing 5 hours straight.

You could compare it, kinda, to a middle ages GTA. Ok thats a bit of a stretch, but the game is really a lot of fun. All this talk about framerates, I dont see it. And since i suck at this game so far ive been doing a lot of rooftop escapes and things like that.

It definitely doesnt effect the gameplay. Reviews are officially pointless. Unless a reviewer calls a game a bomb, I think you should atleast try the game from now on. I almost didnt pick this game up today after the reviews, but now im really happy that i did.

I'm looking forward to when this game is released on the PC, keep us posted with impressions ;)

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

To be honest I already crossed it out. After your review I will pick it up eventually though. Probably expectations fo this title was too high. 7 from IGN. They scored Heavenly Sword the same IIRC - it was the most enjoyable game with such low score I've played.

Thanks for your impression. 

Jandre02 said:
Really, I hate the way games are reviewed nowadays. This game is alot better than people made it out to be. It may not be what I intially thought it was, but I got the game at 7 and have been playing 5 hours straight.

You could compare it, kinda, to a middle ages GTA. Ok thats a bit of a stretch, but the game is really a lot of fun. All this talk about framerates, I dont see it. And since i suck at this game so far ive been doing a lot of rooftop escapes and things like that.

It definitely doesnt effect the gameplay. Reviews are officially pointless. Unless a reviewer calls a game a bomb, I think you should atleast try the game from now on. I almost didnt pick this game up today after the reviews, but now im really happy that i did.

I think it was brought down cause of the hype for it, kinda like how fable was supposedly scored lower cause of not living up to the hype.

I think if no hype for this game had occured, IGn would of given it somewhere in the 8's a decent score i can kinda agree with for this game. But i hope, all i can do is pray that this game has great sales, and the reviews dont ruin the sales this game deserves.

Once again i agree with the gametrailers score, seems gametrailers is most accurate for me now days.

I didn't find the fighting repetitive, I found the steps you go through to get your kill repetitive.