By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your favorite Nintendo controller?

Your favorite Nintendo controller?

NES Controller 10 4.52%

SNES Controller 30 13.57%

N64 Controller 35 15.84%

GCN Controller 63 28.51%

Wiimote/Nunchuk 75 33.94%

Classic Controller/Pro 8 3.62%

Total:221

I find the Classic Pro slightly more comfortable to hold than the GC one, and the buttons have a better feel to them (though I didn't have a GC last gen and I've only played a bit with the GC controller on the Wii, so not really used to it).

And while I find the Wiimote + nunchuck the most comfortable to hold option, I find the + pad slightly awkward to use and the +/- and 1/2 buttons even more so. If those are not used a lot in the game, and not used at important moments, it's fine but otherwise I go for other control options, if there are any.

Around the Network

Gamecube one. It fits so perfectly in my hand

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

This is a though one.
I loved the N64 controller and I love the Wiimote + nunchuck too.
The rest of them are not bad at all either, specially the classic controller.

The Remote & Nunchuk combo, by far. It's just too darn comfortable.

As for traditional controllers, the 'Cube one beats the hell out of everything else out there, ever, including current gen controllers.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

wiimote + nunchuk for me as well.

not even because of the pointer (which is also great in a lot of situations) or because its revolutionary, but because it really like the split-up design.

i was always a pc-guy. with wasd+mouse i can hold my arms in a comfortable position.... i find the classic gamepad very uncomfortable because i have to always have my hands so close together.
the wiimote/nunchuk is the first solution where i can place my hands separately, and it feels great.
i never had a NGC but wanted to play wind waker after i finished twilight princess and thats when i bought a NGC pad... the game is great, but i still can't stand pads... although i like the button positions on the NGC pad and that the buttons have different shapes. makes it easier to "learn" the layout when you are not used to hit yet.

plus: the wiimote+nunchuk doesn't have 2 analogue sticks... a layout i hate with a passion. after playing zelda on wii, aiming with the bow on NGC was so horrible that it almost made me stop playing. yes, i'm spoiled ;)

Around the Network

Gamecube controller, it was perfect when playing resident evil

SNES. The controller so good that almost every controller since has been a copy of it.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Gamecube controller, it's the best designed, most comfortable controller in history. Wavebird is all that and BEAUTIFUL. Really, it's the best controller. The Wiimote is good too. Actually, I think Nintendo owned every other company controllerwise in each gen...

1.Wii
2.N64
3.wavebird
4.Snes
5.Nes

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Wii > SNES > N64 > GC > NES

NES gets last because although it is an awesome controller, the SNES controller was just so much better. I thought the GC controller was meh, as it had a crappy d-pad and really odd button placement for a/b/x/y

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)