By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's wrong with a 7/10 review score?

A 7 in one magazine can be different then a 7 in another magazine...

Around the Network

I view 7-10 as a good game, with 6 being mediocre and below usually being shit.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

7/10 are worth a buy i reckon ...
10/10 is exellent
9/10 is superb
8/10 is great
7/10 is good

i love the 3 - 10 review system we've adopted, its hilarious. 5 and below are poorly coded, buggy excuses for games, 6 - 7 is bad and they are just bad games that are usually overhyped or expected to be fairly good. 7 - 8 is the epitome of mediocrity. 8 - 9 is great, not good or decent, great. 9 and above are simply superb, there really isn't any difference between a 9 and a 10 score.

Metarankings are fun to watch. Whenever a games metaranking falls below 80%, it loses a massive chunk of its credibility, it suddenly goes from a great game (80%+) to a mediocre one in an instant, below 75% is not even worth talking about, and is considered a failure. When a game is above 90% its automatically a candidate for best game this generation/best game on X console/Best game ever.

How technical is your game?

Games are really rated on a scale of 5 to 10, so you need to subtract 5 for any score. Therefore, 7/10 is really 2/5. 40% sucks.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Around the Network
burgerstein said:
Games are really rated on a scale of 5 to 10, so you need to subtract 5 for any score. Therefore, 7/10 is really 2/5. 40% sucks.

I wish this didn't ring so true.

there is nothing wrong with a 7 they r average games