By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed

Would like to hear from people on the forms that have played this game.  I want to get it, but it has a lot of mixed reviews.  So anyone that has actually played it, give me some of your views on it.

Around the Network

First of all I want to say that I played it for 2 hours.
2nd I was disappointed because I expected you would have the feeling like in GTA that you're completely free to do whatever you want. I mean the world is interactive enough in GTA to drive with your car , buy clothes , ect...  But in AC i don't have that feeling I think the world doesn't feel interactive enough for me. Out of the missions.
3rd the combat and stunts aren't as cool as I expected.
4th if you have a 360 I would wait for Mass Effect and if you have a PS3 i would wait for Uncharted.

I only played it for 2 hours so I can't say very much.

[

im mildly dissapointed, surely isn't a 9 to me, but still a good game. for me it's about an 8. sigh, so many dissapointments over so many hyped games (yes even biosock wasn't that good imo, same enemies through the entire game, and very A to B)

I went with my friend to go buy it, and apparently it's postponed till the 15th!!!

What's the idea of changing a release date on a game and not letting us (public) know, the official site and the playstation site both say it came out on the 13th.

I think it was just like that in Canada though, and Australia.

Hmmm so far It looks like I'm just going to stick with Mass effect on the xbox. Maybe pick it up later on, it sucks had such high hopes for the game.

Around the Network

I've just played it for about 2 hours and I have to disagree with everyone else. I'm not disappointed at all. It's a good game all around from what I've played. If you are remotely interested in it I would buy it or find a way to play it.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Yeah I actually like it so far :) Not a 9 I don't think, but pretty solid none the less, the climbing is a little quirky, the combat could use some work, and the voice acting is a little off mark at times, but all in all I'm pretty pleased so far :) were about an hour and a half in. I'd reccomend purchasing ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

thibje said:
First of all I want to say that I played it for 2 hours.
2nd I was disappointed because I expected you would have the feeling like in GTA that you're completely free to do whatever you want. I mean the world is interactive enough in GTA to drive with your car , buy clothes , ect... But in AC i don't have that feeling I think the world doesn't feel interactive enough for me. Out of the missions.
3rd the combat and stunts aren't as cool as I expected.
4th if you have a 360 I would wait for Mass Effect and if you have a PS3 i would wait for Uncharted.

I only played it for 2 hours so I can't say very much.

Echoing this, and I would also like to add really bad AI. One of the video reviews showed how you can kill a guard right in front of another and they won't even attack. Also in sword fighting (when in defensive) they wait calmly to fight you 1 at a time, so it really kills the sense of urgency.

I was really expecting something close to the feeling of the Theif series in caliber.

I wouldn't say it's bad, the low-mid 80s metacritic score seems fair.

I preordered and prebought this back in February when it was scheduled to release in March, so this was huge on my list. Maybe my expectations got the better of me, so my perception might be a little unfair.

8.2+= a very good game

Im getting uncharted now, come on its an 8.9 game!! AAA!!!

mM