By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bad news for those who want to download original XBOX games on their 360...

Joystiq has reported of an XBOX.com web page which goes into the foremention download service for original XBOX games for your XBOX 360.  It is nice that they will be hosting the original manuals in .pdf form on XBOX.com but, the emulation to make it work on your 360 has some rough spots.  First, when you boot up the game, there will be some stuttering through the publisher/developer screens before the main menu because the game is cached on the Hard drive.  Also, many Original XBOX games which have trailers/demos, etc on the game disc did not make it into emulation, meaning, if you go to this section, the game and the system will crash, forcing a reboot.  Also, many games will have frame-rate, audio, or visual issues.  Psychonauts, in PAL territories will not run 720p over HDMI.  If you try that, your game will crash. 

Sounds like making the trip to GameStop would be better than this now... right?

Around the Network

Yee-haw. Nice to see MS take a page from their Windows ME handbook.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Eh. If they're serious about making cash, they'll fix a few of the issues.

Either way, if it's slightly better than BC games, it'll be a very, very good thing.

Now get me the entire Kingdom Under Fire series on download, stat!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Haha... classic Microsoft, which is unfortunate, since I always worried they'll bring the same quality(ie. Vista) of their Windows OS to consoles. Oh, well, hopefully this time it will be different, especially for 360 owners.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

i think they will fix those problems

Around the Network

Depends how long it takes to get fixed...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )