By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamespot Review of Assassin's Creed- 9.0

Most controversial reviews ever??? Anyway, I love this game (from trailers and such I've seen) and can't wait to play this on a friend's Xbox.

Around the Network

This game is getting really mixed reviews. I think it will depend on what qualities in the game you enjoy the most. People had different expectations for this game. It's funny, most people kept saying how they hated Gamespots reviews but now that they loved Assasin's Creed, Gamespot is alright again and IGN is biased. I think I may pass this one up and go for COD4 or Mass Effect instead. Way too many mixed reviews for this game. There was no arguing about Bioshock or Galaxy.

Is this already out? If yes i'm soooo getting it this Saturday for my PS3!! The game looks awesome!!

Tbh, its probably down to the kind of games you like to play, some will love it, some wont. Its currently at 86 on metacritic at the time of writing, not a bad score by any means.

Games i'm currently playing:

Mixed reviews ,but I will get it ,love how it looks .As for the PS3 reviews in IGn its strange because when multiplattform they are done by the 360 team and they always tend to see "frame rate problems " even when no other site or mag sees anything in that respect .

Around the Network

Diomedes1976 said:

As for the PS3 reviews in IGn its strange because when multiplattform they are done by the 360 team and they always tend to see "frame rate problems " even when no other site or mag sees anything in that respect .

There is clearly tearing and minor framerate issues with the PS3 version. Actually with both, but slightly worse with the PS3:

http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_5354_en.html

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0000/00008231-assassin-s-creed-test.htm

"On regrettera pourtant des bugs de collision nombreux et un framerate souffreteux sur PS3."

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Minor framerate problems actually don't bother me. I've played games for years and have had to put up with that many times. I am tempted to get this game because we have a 60" HDTV and it will be a great game to show off the graphics. Plus I kinda like Ubisofts style. I am a fan of RRR and though I never picked up Red Steel, I have high hopes for Red Steel 2. I think they have a talented team. I have a feeling Assassin's Creed will be one of those games that I play for an hour and get bored. I usually go back to playing Dota.

Sinha ,that video is not representative at all .The scenes arent the same ,some people have already played the scenes and didnt get the framerate problems at all .He even doesnt take the horse in the X360 version just in fear the frame rate would drop and thus ruin their arguement .

Just to notice how this is affecting IGn ,there are a lot of protests about their review and the cited video as a made-up video .....to the point IGn has just erased any references to frame rate problems in their review after what I am hearing from other forums (I will check later ) .

You have either been driven insane by your fanboyishness or you didn't bother to watch the video, which would have set you back a whopping 16 SECONDS:

http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_5354_en.html

The scenes are exactly the same.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

this game seems like its gonna turn out good,i hope the problems that ign had arent that bad