By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Why are Adobe products so expensive?

So I am taking a Web Design class and we use Photoshop and Dreamweaver, and I go to Adobe's website and it would cost well over $900 for Photoshop CS4 Full and $400 for Dreamweaver. That is insane! I doubt these are even worth half of that. I mean Windows 7 is $200 and it probably was double the effort to make. 

Why are they SO expensive?

Around the Network

Because they're business and company products.

In other words companies are willing to spend that much.

But they're also very good.

Sephiroth357 said:

But GIMP is similar to Photoshop and it's free. I doubt Adobe needs that much money. 

This is why pirating exists.. 

Conner52 said:
Sephiroth357 said:

But GIMP is similar to Photoshop and it's free. I doubt Adobe needs that much money. 

Most schools, and businesses have these products. Some normal people also have these products.

900 bucks or 40 bucks people would still pirate...

BTW Gimp isn't as good as photoshop just like you mentioned. Why are Mercedes more expensive than Hondas? Quality.

Sephiroth357 said:
Conner52 said:
Sephiroth357 said:

Most schools, and businesses have these products. Some normal people also have these products.

BTW Gimp isn't as good as photoshop just like you mentioned. Why are Mercedes more expensive than Hondas? Quality.

If gimp has 40% of the features as photoshop it doesn't matter as it's free. The price doesn't justify the quality as their programs are bloated and slow, but sadly my school uses them.

If it was $40 I would say piracy of photoshop would halve. If it was $40 I would have no problem paying. 

Around the Network

There very good..but then again I didn't have to pay for it..

Former something....

I think its so expensive because mostly big businesses need it, so its a good way to make money.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

this is because adobe sells to corporations and to schools. They dont really sell to the everyday user. The people that pirate it are the everyday users. They do offer student discounts and stuff like that where it will cost you a lot less.

Conner52 said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Conner52 said:
Sephiroth357 said:

If gimp has 40% of the features as photoshop it doesn't matter as it's free. The price doesn't justify the quality as their programs are bloated and slow, but sadly my school uses them.

If it was $40 I would say piracy of photoshop would halve. If it was $40 I would have no problem paying. 

Adobe is a professional product.

BTW your school doesn't offer like a student version?

Sephiroth357 said:
Conner52 said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Conner52 said:
Sephiroth357 said:

Adobe is a professional product.

BTW your school doesn't offer like a student version?

GIMP is also professional.

No, and student versions don't even have all of the features.