By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: Best Games OVERALL! (And the winner is....)

From the top of my head, my list would be something like this (in no particular order)

-God of War (1 and 2)
-Resident Evil 4
-MGS3 (wouldn't mind to put 2 or 4 instead)
-Metroid Prime
-Civ 4 (3 was also very good, and to a less extent Tropico)
-Warcraft 3
-FFXII
-Uncharted 2
-Prof. Layton
-Patapon

Around the Network

This actually isn't too bad for an IGN list.
Sure I would change a couple but for the most part this is actually pretty decent.
Surprising

Current Favorites:
Wii - Muramasa, MH3, Metroid Trilogy, RS2, Okami, RE4, COD, Dead Space, Scarface
PC - L4D, TF2, BFBC2, Killing Floor, Aquaria, Warsow, many UDK indie games
Mods - MechWarrior:Living Legends, Star Wars: Galatic Warfare, PVKII, Goldeneye Source, L4D mods
PS3 - Demon Souls, Way of the Samurai 3
Social Modding Club: ModDb | Steam

too many shooters, as usual. Not enough variety.

Best Xbox game was last gen.? Only one Nintendo game?

Still, i agree that Half Life should be there, but only one of the two.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I'll give them a little credit for breaking the mold a bit.
Otherwise, these type of lists will always be fail.

umh....

I dunno I did try fallout 3 but it didn't catch on...
GTA 3 is said PS2... didn't it come out on PC at the same time (that is where I played it :p)
How politically correct to put a mix of games from all consoles (with the 360 jacket for good measure).

No RTS games or MMOs? this is a list by console players, the only PC games are FPS...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

Not agree with Half life 2 but the rest yes

World of Warcraft should've been #1 IMO.

I wouldn't have picked all of the same games and I wouldn't have ranked them the same but... that's a damned good list, IMO. It's hard to fault them for their choices or their rankings.

Half-Life 2 FTW!!! =)

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Dunno if its been said already, but how can Uncharted 2 be on that list when IGN just last week said Mass Effect 2 was better than Uncharted 2?

I agree with the list, im just trying to understand IGN.