By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Blogger Analyst: Xbox is 3% of Microsoft's Value

Valued at $9,000,000,000 it makes the Xbox enterprise profitable if you consider that value next to the losses they apparantly sustained to get to this point. Thats a pretty good ROI considering they've got their investment back + interest and then some. Over the next few years it'll looks even better than that.

Tease.

Around the Network
Killergran said:
supercat said:
It's basically saying that the 360 brings in a horrible rate of return for the amount invested in it, even for the most recent quarters.

Wait! Did we read the same article?

Where did it say that?

I'm forming my own conclusions from simple math: 

Ms's games division got 375 million in profit most recently, which is 4.5% of total profit, but the firm lists this as 3% of it's value, implying

that the profit coming from this division generates less return on investment than the other ones.  Basically it takes more resources to generate a profit from the games division than the other divisions if of course, we can consider the trefis model as valid.

supercat said:
Killergran said:
supercat said:
It's basically saying that the 360 brings in a horrible rate of return for the amount invested in it, even for the most recent quarters.

Wait! Did we read the same article?

Where did it say that?

Ms's games division got 375 million in profit most recently, which is 4.5% of total profit, but the firm lists this as 3% of it's value, implying

that the profit coming from this division generates less return on investment than the other ones.  Basically it takes more resources to generate a profit from the games division than the other divisions if of course, we can consider the trefis model as valid.

- Zune HD and
- Windows Mobile 7 R&D

= probably 500 million USD profit for the 360. The data is just too hard to get through, but we do know the Zune is not a big moneymaker, probably some losses. And Windows Mobile 7 had some R&D costs, since it will be annopunced in 2 weeks. Overall the Xbox 360 might break even in the next 6 months. Imagine the losses of the Zune for the past 5 years must have been huge.

But anyway, the other divisions of MS are soooooo

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

supercat said:

Well, I'd say that your conclusion would be wrong. If the profit percentage is higher than the value percentage, it should mean that the games division is doing better than the rest of the company right now, comparing value to profits.

Then again, with all the bleeding the games division has been doing up until now, it really is a lousy return on investment,

This is invisible text!

3 percent = 9 billion, So i guess MS is worth about, 200 billion maybe?

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc

Around the Network

That's it, really. Im surprised.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Sounds reasonable... A nice 3% though.