By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International - OFFICIAL THREAD!

- finished. (the first one on VGchartz on the PS3 Version, now i am something special xD!)

playtime (with Sequences at the end and so on): 42~ Hours
Average Party Level: 61
Difficulty: Galaxy (second)
Party: Edge (:3), Arumat, Reimi, Sarah
Treasures Collected: many (60-70%?)
Sidemissions done: very few (5%?^^)
Trophies: ... 13 q.q

My Rating:

Star Ocean: TLH International is not perfect, but one of the best RPG experiences i had over the last Years. I hope we'll see another Star Ocean in the Future.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

23 hours, an' thats jus' the tip of the iceburg.

Something else is odd in the PS3 version to... hasn't anyone noticed the draw distance?

I think PS3's RAM issue is showing compared to the 360s draw distasnce...

Looks like I'll have to get Star Ocean 4 on the way to gym.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

holy shit crystal, your done already!? Daaaammmnnnnn, im taking my sweat time, when i played on the 360 i fucked up the private actions part of the game, i go the most generic ending for edge and reimi.

Aiming for Crowes ending, Arumats, Meracles, and Faizes endings. there all trophy based to!

I find the Japanese VO and Classic Menus pleasing. The cool thing is, my game schedule is now perfect for RPGs, I'ma play this all through feb, or at least half of it, then in March i get Resonance of Fate and Dragon Age awakening through April, then FF13 Chinese in May then watch E3 in June, I'm all set! (yes I'll play other games in between too.....)

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
holy shit crystal, your done already!? Daaaammmnnnnn, im taking my sweat time, when i played on the 360 i fucked up the private actions part of the game, i go the most generic ending for edge and reimi.

Aiming for Crowes ending, Arumats, Meracles, and Faizes endings. there all trophy based to!

yeah, i only got 4 endings. :( (Arumat / Sarah / Bacchus / Myuria) ... maybe because i slept til arriving once? but i didnt find anything anymore on the Calnus at that point.. Q.Q (but btw, White looks sexy on Edge and Reimi lol.)

im aiming for the other ends, aswell as for the special Dungeons... but this Dragon right before the last Boss punches the shit out of me. <.<..

aahh, question:

the Collecting Chests Trophy isnt available anymore if i missed... some special ones on places you only could go once.. rite? :/

edit: @ draw distance - yeah, i noticed that one too..

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

just like any 360 ports, PS3 will prolly miss something because it's so different. draw distance, texture presentation, QAA, and fucking devs not able to write HDR code properly on the PS3 version so it's "tuned down." alas, I care about JP VO way more at this point because the English one made me want to murder everybody in the game.

Crystalchild said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

yeah, i only got 4 endings. :( (Arumat / Sarah / Bacchus / Myuria) ... maybe because i slept til arriving once? but i didnt find anything anymore on the Calnus at that point.. Q.Q (but btw, White looks sexy on Edge and Reimi lol.)

im aiming for the other ends, aswell as for the special Dungeons... but this Dragon right before the last Boss punches the shit out of me. <.<..

aahh, question:

the Collecting Chests Trophy isnt available anymore if i missed... some special ones on places you only could go once.. rite? :/

lulz nice, atleast you got arumats! :P

Yeah they do look good in white!

And i have no idea lol.

So you DID notice draw distance!? does this mean PS3 really isn't as good as 360 when it comes do this sort of thing?! i noticed it right away as soon as i played, then again i didn't play SO4 360 on my HDTV until after i beat the story so i couldn't really tell, but as far as see it so far, i dont recall any draw distance issues that the PS3 seems to be having, its pissing me the hell off, it looks so weird.

I mean PS3 does well, it goes faaar off into the map, however certain distances look distorted, im actually very curious about this now...

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Crystalchild said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

aahh, question:

lulz nice, atleast you got arumats! :P

Yeah they do look good in white!

And i have no idea lol.

So you DID notice draw distance!? does this mean PS3 really isn't as good as 360 when it comes do this sort of thing?! i noticed it right away as soon as i played, then again i didn't play SO4 360 on my HDTV until after i beat the story so i couldn't really tell, but as far as see it so far, i dont recall any draw distance issues that the PS3 seems to be having, its pissing me the hell off, it looks so weird.

I mean PS3 does well, it goes faaar off into the map, however certain distances look distorted, im actually very curious about this now...

it's a port done in a relatively short time, kinda expected tbh, they are aiming for mula here, not perfection.

Is it fixable in firmware updates?

Because Folklore has this very same issue to...

I remember unreal 3 had this issue to, but they fixed it via firmware.