By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FF13 360 to use Bink for cutscenes,360 720p vs 1080p PS3 Cutscenes

It won't be that big of a difference, most people probably wouldn't be able to see it.
I have a 720p TV anyways.

Around the Network
augustoaag said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

People don't really care about minute differences.....

Such small graphical inferiorities dont make a trophy collector buy the 360 version.. Tekken 6 also has better encoded cutscenes cause of Blu-Ray space advantage...

Enjoy your ban...

I won't take advice about what version to buy from a fanboy that puts this in his bio and has never seen a 360.

Talking about bans, viewing you new nick creation date it looks like you know a lot about that.

VG Charts Newbie
Created: 8th Jan 10
Last login: Today
Profile views: 874
Forum posts: 362
Posts / Day: 12.07

Favourite Games: God of War Series
Shadow of the Colossus
Resident Evil 4
MGS Series
Devil May Cry 3
Killzone 2
Uncharted Series
Jak and Daxter Series
Resistance Series

so ? those happen to be games I like ?

And I'm definitely not a fanboy ...

Finally another 1080p native game to add to my collection. Most people won't even notice the difference though unless they have a big flat screen. I plan on upgrading from my 42" to a 46"-50" this summer so I'll be glad that FFXIII is 1080p then.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

In other words, it only matters to someone with a full HD big screen tv.

Still, good stuff for PS3 owners, and expected, really, it's one of the few ways to take advantage of the BR space.

My life was already thoroughly ruined when I found out that I had to swap discs. Now the most important part of the game has been gimped at 720p? How fucking dare you, Square Enix.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

like i have said many times before i am getting both versions, why simple. because i love rpg's and i collect them on both systems. end of discussions. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

1080 is purdy! I like singleplayer and this game looks like a great game, but ive never played any of the FF games before, im just not sure its my cup of tea. Will there be a demo?

Xen said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
selnor said:
Without a doubt the PS3 version is the definitive version. But it wont matter to much. Differences are only a bit sharper according to IGN.

well, this means theres absolutely no reason for a PS360 owner to buy the 360 version,

No multiplayer, so LIVE advantage gone

PS3 has better cutscenes, and visuals overall...

No need to swap discs

Tell that to some members on this site....

Don't look at me. Makingmusic says I have to buy the PS3 version

This game will sell like poop on the 360. It doesn't look like this will be a must buy title for non Jrpg fans on any console though...

The recent Darksiders face off on Eurogamer showed how good the FMV compression techniques have become of the 360, I don't think there will be an obvious loss of quality and you'd need a really big TV to tell the difference anyway. Also the law of diminishing returns apply to the PS3s higher quality audio and video.