By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BluRay: Medium of Choice for the Next Generation of Gaming

So what if Sony is bleeding money!
There is a greater reason and a bigger picture many wiseguys here in VG Chartz can't see.
The Father of Playstation is lightyears ahead on being a forward thinker than most people in the industry.
Why did he brought upon us this ridicoulously costly technology inside the PS3/BluRay today?
Yes the PS3 has great power but along that it has a great responsibility- to secure the future not only of the video game industry but the whole of audio visual ehtertainment industry. PS3 has set the example and is leading the way towards a future where every game developer and publisher can benefit on every bit of time, money and effort they spend in making your favorite game.
The PS3 is bombarded on every front by the Wii and 360 on its effort against PIRACY. But being the fortress that it is, it will stay on course of its journey until all major battles are won and will deal with Nintendo and 360 in due time.

Yes it is not alone in this war. Toshiba, Samsung, Sharp, Panasonic, JVC, Pioneer, Hitachi, Sanyo, Mitsubishi, Toyota etc. and every damn major mega Japanese corporation out there has jumped in to support Sony's BluRay as the optical medium of storage of the 21st century. For they know BluRay is the holy grail of entertainment and it will at least keep the pirates at bay from stealing their hard work and have food on the table to feed their families at the end of the day and so they can make awesome games tomorrow.

Being the cheap-ass gamer that I am, I got the 250GBPS3SLIM thinking of the savings I can make on family entertainment.
But I never thought of the greater value this device have for the home and for the video gaming industry.

If this is where Sony is hemmorrhaging money: to secure the future of gaming then its billions worth it. Respect even just for trying

Makes me wonder why Microsoft with all of their cash & resources didn’t bother with this kind of security
Too expensive?
Maybe they gave up on hacking and piracy?
Or was piracy “all part of the plan”?

Huh Nintendo like the PS1 and the PS2 days? Wanna have a heyday as well?
can’t afford but to play it safe,
can’t afford this technology,
can’t afford anti-piracy,
can’t afford to loose against Microsoft, and
can’t afford loose against Sony the third time around.

At least the Sega Dreamcast made a decent effort with its GD ROM.

But I understand Nintendo's and Microsoft's situation as they can only do so much because among the three its Sony that CAN do this or wanna do this?

Whatever.
Just take care of your PS3 guys.
Its an awesome piece of equipment!

Around the Network

Yeah quit spamming... http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=100331

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000