By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsofts X10 event. Official thread.

Garnett said:
JaggedSac said:
Garnett said:

So what about Fable 3? Should i be "super pissed"?

Apparently he was speaking about there not being a hub.  No health, shop menus, etc.  No 2D overlays for anything.  Are you super pissed about that?

Not really, I couldnt care about any of that. 

All that i hope he adds in is

• Hundreds of pieces of clothing to wear
  • Hundreds of weapons, Both Melee and Ranged
  • More Spells
  • Huge seamless open world, Like GTA 4
  • Include some stuff like Tropico, You control your own nation and you can do all the stuff you want and go to war
  • Better graphics
  • More interesting sidequest.

WAIT! What do you mean no shop menus? That means i cant buy shit? 

Yes.

Too many load screens in 2.

Around the Network

I don't know if you cannot buy stuff or whether the method of purchasing is different. Like actually going into a shop with all the items, highlighting what you want, and purchasing.

JaggedSac said:
I don't know if you cannot buy stuff or whether the method of purchasing is different. Like actually going into a shop with all the items, highlighting what you want, and purchasing.

Probably this.

Tease.

Erm, actually I think the big thing is that there's no experience points or levelling up, which means Fable has drifted out of standard RPG territory.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Gamespot has somewhat awesome coverage of the games at X10. Nothing on Crack down yet. http://www.gamespot.com/events/microsoftx10/index.html So far they have been impressed with pretty much every game. They said good things about FFXIII. Halo Reach has like a sand box feel.

Check this link for all their articles - http://www.gamespot.com/events/microsoftx10/index.html

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:
Erm, actually I think the big thing is that there's no experience points or levelling up, which means Fable has drifted out of standard RPG territory.

It may drift away from standard RPG category, but end up being a more realistic role-playing experience by hiding the experience points and having improvements come based on what you do repeatedly in the game.  Your character gets conditions by experiences, rather than they act like money where you buy certain things.  In this, it is possible Fable III will offer the most true to life role-playing experience yet.  Drop the standard stuff and increase the immersion.

What I read does sound very promising.  It is interesting if you do build up your ability to become king by doing what you would normally do in real life by relating to people.

Perfect Dark XBLA video:
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/27940

JaggedSac said:

You write it on a piece of paper and hold it in front of the natal camera and using magic it deciphers your bad spelling and poor handwriting and then the shopkeeper tells you he doesn't have that in stock.

Lord Flashheart said:
JaggedSac said:

You write it on a piece of paper and hold it in front of the natal camera and using magic it deciphers your bad spelling and poor handwriting and then the shopkeeper tells you he doesn't have that in stock.

Or you could just ask for that axe on the wall over there and point to it :)

I like that.
That's how you play a game, just hope there aren't the usual misunderstandings that you get in real life.
That one there, *points* no there, over there.
To the left of thingy, no my left.
Ok up a bit... left a bit, no my left.
YES there, No next to it..
Oh fuck it I'll use me joypad.