By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsofts X10 event. Official thread.

so is it over ? or .....

Around the Network

Microsoft has responded to tonight’s NPD figures, and called it “a great kick off for what is slated to be the biggest – and best – year in Xbox history”.

Starting with Mass Effect 2 taking the number 2 spot on the software charts with 572K units sold for Xbox 360, Modern Warfare sold 326K units on 360, Darksiders 171K, and Army of Two: The 40th Day moved 171K units on the system.

According to our math, that’s 1316.5K units of software sold for Xbox 360.

Here are some more figures from Microsoft:

* US installed base lead over the PS3 by nearly eight million units.
* With January 2010 console sales topping 333K units in the US, contributing to $313 million in total spend on Xbox 360 hardware, software and accessories last month.
* Consumers spent more than $158 million on Xbox 360 games alone last month, driving our industry-leading software attach rate of 8.8.
* In January 2010, Xbox 360 owners spent $150.5 million on third-party games, more than competing next-generation consoles.
* The Xbox LIVE community now tops 23 million, making it the biggest social network connected to the TV.
* Additionally, 2.3 million Xbox LIVE members set a record last month, marking the most concurrent users online at any given time and reaffirming Nielsen’s findings that Xbox 360 is the most-used console on the market.

Microsoft also chatted about it’s X10 event tonight, which we have covered extensively for you.

The response also said Crackdown 2 was slated for June. There ya go, kiddos.

Slimebeast said:
Hisiru said:
Slimebeast said:

So where is the "mind-blowing" stuff for Alan Wake? And Halo: Reach? Natal? No Fable III screens?

I hope there's more to come or else this show sucked.

It's beautiful but it's just a trailer... I can watch dozens of new exciting trailers every week on Gametrailers. I need in-game footage from AW.

Well, 00:46~00:55 you will see some in-game footage (gameplay).

Being stuck in a line full of nerds is a drag, especially when you're waiting to see something as juicy and unknown as Lionhead Studios' Fable III. But we're not about to shut off our brains and avert our eyes before a presentation begins.

So without further introduction, here are five things we think we learned about Fable III while being stuck in a X10 line.

You'll be able to pick up kids with Natal-aided hand motions.
You'll use a controller to play, but you'll also use your right hand to do gestures and initiate things.
You're avatar in the game can get evil or bluish angelic wings instead of horns or a halo.
You do overhead finishing moves with your hands.
It looks, feels, and smells like Fable.
We'll get into the substantial stuff later, more than likely. If we don't find a seat, look out for our next article, "10 things we learned about Fable III right about when our feet started hurting."

Gamespot hands on Fable
http://www.gamespot.com/events/microsoftx10/story.html?sid=6250304&tag=top_stories;story;1

Around the Network

^^From that article:

"You know what else will be a thing of the past? Having to play co-op as some generic character that you have absolutely no interest in. That's right, in Fable III you'll be able to play co-operatively with a friend, and both of you will get to use your own characters, work in improving your own weapons, and even bring along your own dogs. Molyneux also pointed out that you'll be able to use the touch command with each other, but we chose not to pursue that potential line of questioning--partly because the character that we were now seeing on the screen didn't really look like one we'd ever want to touch. "

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

So what about Fable 3? Should i be "super pissed"?

Garnett said:

Apparently he was speaking about there not being a hub.  No health, shop menus, etc.  No 2D overlays for anything.  Are you super pissed about that?

Alan wake looking really good, my next exclusive for the 360.

JaggedSac said:
Garnett said:

Apparently he was speaking about there not being a hub.  No health, shop menus, etc.  No 2D overlays for anything.  Are you super pissed about that?

Not really, I couldnt care about any of that. 

All that i hope he adds in is

• Hundreds of pieces of clothing to wear
  • Hundreds of weapons, Both Melee and Ranged
  • More Spells
  • Huge seamless open world, Like GTA 4
  • Include some stuff like Tropico, You control your own nation and you can do all the stuff you want and go to war
  • Better graphics
  • More interesting sidequest.

WAIT! What do you mean no shop menus? That means i cant buy shit?