By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Commercials Helping?

Does anyone have any idea whether the new ads for the PS3 are helping.  I've only seen it a couple of time, but I've seen more ads for Call of Duty 4 and Assasins Creed.  And when I was watching TV with my dad who is really not a gamer, but he does play a little 360, he saw the ad for Assassins Creed.  At the end, it said "Available for PlayStation 3, now starting at $399" and did the PlayStation 3 logo.  He was so excited about how good the game looked and all of that stuff but then he said, "too bad it's only for the PlayStation 3."  I didn't tell him cause I'm secretly hoping for a PS3 for christmas but nonetheless.  Are consumers confused that these games are actually also coming to the 360.  I imagine that people come into a Wal-Mart or whatever store and say I want CoD4, or Assassin's Creed and a PS3.  And the store clerk neglects to ask for what system, assuming they want the PS3 version.  Does anyone else think this will happen or am I reading too much into this?

Around the Network

Consumers ignore the PS3. They'll get their Assassin's Creed on the X360.

Whatever Slimebeast, I saw those TV ads DMeisterJ and I was surprised. I was watching WWE RAW last night and they played Call of Duty 4 and the Assassin's Creed commericals back to back and they both said at the end Playstation 3.

Cool, the ads for the PS3 is just beginning!!!!!

Yeah, I don't see PS3 sales really skyrocketing. They're about what would be expected for upcomming holiday numbers, maybe the US release of the 40gb will change things though.

Slimebeast said:
Consumers ignore the PS3. They'll get their Assassin's Creed on the X360.

look what i did there!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

No matter what the degree there is obviously a positive effect, just like when it shows 360 at the end of a multiplat game commercial. I'm just glad Sony is finally advertising 3rd Party games too like MS has been doing for a while. It's a good strategy.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Well, I tend to think so.

I like the fact that Sony is finally starting to emphasize the non-game related advantages that the PS3 has or will have. The Hoe and BD related stuff needs to be marketed as well.

Thanks to kenobi after I got him to ban my old account (dallas) after someone hacked into it and being ok with me coming back under a slightly different username.  I appreciate our communication in the PMs.  Also I want to give a big thank you to vgchartz for being one of the cooler websites around. 

Oh, and I'm still the next Michael Pachter

Honestly, the Playstation commercials (and most of the game commercials this year) that I have seen are (in my opinion) only interesting to people who already know about/are interested in the PS3 (or game they're displaying).

@ Slimebeast

I wasn't just talking about Assassin's creed, I was talking about the commercials in genral, if anyone had seen anyone or knows anyone buying the system for multiplatform games such as those, are the commercials helping spur sales of the forty gig?