By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFVIII remake more likely?

dsister44 said:
LordChris915 said:
dsister44 said:
Why do people assume that it will be a PS3 exclusive?

Because Sony are the publishers of FFVIII, at least in PAL areas, therefore they are the only ones who can distribute the game, since a remake works the same as a re-release (Or so I am lead to believe), Sony obviously wont publish it on other consoles.

Like Ghostbusters, Sony bought the right to publish and then delayed the 360 version in Europe.

So because Sony published a game that was later brought out on 360 that proves your point? Yeah, um... I guess that makes sense... but not really 

Are you pathologically incapable of understanding what i just said?

Ghostbusters only came out on 360 because Sony ALLOWED it to (because they made money off it), when you own the publication rights, you may as well own the rights to the game!

Because Sony own the rights to FFVIII (at least in PAL areas but maybe more), they get to decide what console the game come out on, what shops can sell it, how much it retails for ETC!

And for some reason I do not see Sony turning round and offering up such a potential system seller to the opposition!

Around the Network
LordChris915 said:

Ghostbusters only came out on 360 because Sony ALLOWED it to (because they made money off it), when you own the publication rights, you may as well own the rights to the game!

Because Sony own the rights to FFVIII (at least in PAL areas but maybe more), they get to decide what console the game come out on, what shops can sell it, how much it retails for ETC!

And for some reason I do not see Sony turning round and offering up such a potential system seller to the opposition!

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/46809/Sony-Europe-Snags-Timed-Ghostbusters-Exclusive 

And if it makes you feel any better than FFVII was published by Sony in the US for the Playstation, and then was published by Eidos for PC

dsister44 said:
LordChris915 said:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/46809/Sony-Europe-Snags-Timed-Ghostbusters-Exclusive 

And if it makes you feel any better than FFVII was published by Sony in the US for the Playstation, and then was published by Eidos for PC

So I see Eidos bought the rights, fair play!

I kind of see your point now e.g. what would stop MS buying the rights, I suppose it depends on who is willing to sell, Eidos did not pose any hardware threat so Sony, so (assuming Sony held the rights) they would have no trouble selling Eidos the rights, especially because Sony profit from Square's income by having an 8% share in the company.

Still I don't see Sony letting MS in on FFVIII any time soon, do you?

LordChris915 said:
dsister44 said:
LordChris915 said:

I kind of see your point now e.g. what would stop MS buying the rights, I suppose it depends on who is willing to sell, Eidos did not pose any hardware threat so Sony, so (assuming Sony held the rights) they would have no trouble selling Eidos the rights, especially because Sony profit from Square's income by having an 8% share in the company.

Sony only had the rights to publish FF VII on the Playstation. So Eidos had only ask Square for the rights to publish it on the PC. Sony doesn't "own" any rights over the Final Fantasy series.

Unless you find me a link(Not a forum post) saying that Sony has the exclusive rights to Final Fantasy VIII's publishing then there is nothing stopping it from being released on the 360 as well

dsister44 said:
LordChris915 said:
dsister44 said:
LordChris915 said:

Sony only had the rights to publish FF VII on the Playstation. So Eidos had only ask Square for the rights to publish it on the PC. Sony doesn't "own" any rights over the Final Fantasy series.

Unless you find me a link(Not a forum post) saying that Sony has the exclusive rights to Final Fantasy VIII's publishing then there is nothing stopping it from being released on the 360 as well

But I dont have to because there is no such link, however seeing as how Sony had the rights, it is likely that they still have the rights, therefore it is liekly that FFVIII remake will not make it's way onto the 360.

I have no evidence other than my own logic, but this shall be our wager, I will close my account if FFVIII ever comes to 360!

Around the Network

Nah, but a VIII re-make would mean the end of the world for me as it is my fav game!

They just released FF8 on PSN. So no.

It'd be stupid to release the game you were going to remake... on the console you want to remake it on.

Kasz216 said:
They just released FF8 on PSN. So no.

It'd be stupid to release the game you were going to remake... on the console you want to remake it on.

Or is it?

Perhaps it is a tactical move to test the waters for a remake and to try and broaden the fan base before release!

If the original still sells well, a remake may be a good idea!

A FFVIII remake would blow my mind literally !!!!! BEST FF EVER!

Since doing a full 3d remake is a lot of work for Lazy SE, why dont they do the following:
- same backgrounds but in HD (i think that they do the backgrounds in super resolution and then reduce them for the PS1, so they should have the HD ones somewhere)
- replace the old characters with multi million poligons characters
- Keep the music , story, gameplay, sidequests, text, the same
The only thing that they should redo is the CGs since they will look like crap in HD

There you have it SE , now remake the PS1 FF now

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Maybe if we pray together Square-Enix will listen us and will do a remake.
It's difficult, but i think that we have just to wait some time....
All the rumors are increasing the hype for this game and everybody are waiting for the announce!!