My other E3 Most Anticipated Announcement threads
Welcome to part 6 of a planned series of these most wanted E3 announcement threads. I'm planning to do one a day, in chronological order of the press conferences (EA > MS > Bethesda > Square > Ubisoft > Sony > Nintendo).
I am personally going into Sony's E3 with somewhat muted expectations this year. There are many reasons why I'm not expecting many new announcements from Sony this year. Recently, they suggested they weren't doing a traditional E3. Most of their 1st and 2nd party studios either have an announced game that hasn't released yet, or have released a game in the last 1.5 years. They have alot of announced exclusives already (The Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Ghost of Tsushima, Wild, Death Stranding, Concrete Genie, Dreams, MediEvil Remake, etc.). PS5 is likely to release within 2.5 years and Sony is probably saving up some big exclusives for it already. I definitely think this E3 will mainly be focused on currently announced exclusives and 3rd party marketing deal games.
1. New Uncharted trilogy with a young adult Cassie Drake as the protagonist. Status- Unlikely. While I do believe that Sony won't just leave a series that sells as well as Uncharted sitting in dormancy for long, I'm not expecting the next Uncharted to be announced until the PS5 reveal at the earliest.
2. Tokyo Jungle 2 or Tokyo Jungle Remaster. Status- Unlikely. I'd love to see this, but we've seen no indication from Sony that the franchise has any future and I'm not ever sure if the developer, Crispy's, still exists.
3. Playstation All-Star 2. Status- Possible. There have been some recent leaks pointing to a sequel to Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Also, CD Projekt hinted that Geralt was a guest character ina 2nd game other than Soul Calibur 6 this year and Playstation All-Stars 2 just makes too much sense to be that game.
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn 2. Status- Very unlikely. Given the timing of the first games release, Horizon 2 is most likely being saved for next-gen and will be announced sometime around the PS5's reveal.
5. Infamous 4- Status- Very unlikely. Considering Sucker Punch is busy with Ghost of Tsushima right now, Infamous 4 is very unlikely to be at E3 unless they passed it to another studio, which is still very unlikely.
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 16 May 2018