What’s been happening in the occupied West Bank?
- The Israeli military sprayed dozens of Palestinians with tear gas and fired stun grenades during a raid on the town of Beit Ummar, north of Hebron, Wafa news agency reports.
- Meanwhile, near Jenin, forces set up a checkpoint in the centre of town, where they fired live ammunition and prevented residents and vehicles from passing.
- Three young Palestinian men were arrested in al-Mughayyir, a village of about 4,000 residents north of Ramallah, while they were installing solar panels for a shop.
- Multiple Israeli military vehicles and soldiers positioned themselves outside Birzeit University. In January, a military invasion of the campus wounded 41 people and left 11 hospitalised.
- Soldiers arrested a man tending livestock in the northern Jordan Valley after settlers attempted to forcibly remove him from the area, a local official said.
- Israeli forces carried out overnight raids Thursday in multiple parts of Hebron governorate, detaining dozens of people and smashing the contents of homes.
- Soldiers also raided three refugee camps – Arroub in Hebron, New Askar near Nablus and Qalandiya north of occupied East Jerusalem – and arrested several people. More than a dozen Palestinians were separately arrested during a concurrent raid on the village of Qalandiya.
Israeli forces kill three Palestinians in West Bank so far in February: UN
The Israeli military killed three Palestinians in the occupied West Bank between February 3 and 16, bringing the total killings since the start of the year to nine, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) has said.
Two of the nine were children, the office reported in its latest update.
Most recently, Israeli forces shot and killed two men in Qalqilya governorate, and one in Jericho. Palestinian security forces also killed a 15-year-old Palestinian boy and wounded his sister and father in Tubas governorate; the five-year-old girl was later declared clinically dead, the office said.
Another 137 Palestinians – including 11 children – have been wounded over the same timeframe, 78 by Israeli forces and 59 by Israelis from illegal settlements.
OCHA documented at least 86 Israeli settler attacks against Palestinians across 60 communities, leading to the displacement of 146 people and the vandalisation of more than 800 olive trees and saplings.
Most incidents were recorded in Nablus governorate, particularly Qusra and Talfit villages, followed by Ramallah governorate. Overall, the hardest-hit area in the West Bank for displacement in 2026 is the Jordan Valley, which accounts for 90 percent of Palestinians displaced so far.
Palestinian-American killed by Israeli settlers in occupied West Bank
A young Palestinian-American man was killed and four other people were injured as they tried to stop a group of armed Israeli settlers from stealing their sheep in the occupied West Bank.
Israeli forces shoot, arrest Palestinian man as West Bank raids continue
The Israeli military has shot and wounded a young Palestinian man near occupied East Jerusalem before arresting him, the Wafa news agency reports. Local sources told Wafa the incident unfolded in the town of ar-Ram. There were no further details about the man’s condition.
Across other parts of the occupied West Bank, raids, arrests and seizures of property continued apace throughout the evening.
A group of Israeli settlers took over two buildings containing multiple apartments near Hebron, where they raised the Israeli flag and the Star of David on them, Wafa reported.
Israeli forces also stormed several neighbourhoods in the el-Bireh area, where they patrolled the streets and fired stun grenades.
And in Tuqu, southeast of Bethlehem, soldiers raided at least one home, though no arrests were reported.







