No Lebanon ceasefire without ‘full freedom’ for Israel: Gantz
Israeli politician and former war cabinet member Benny Gantz has said in a post on X that the condition for any agreement with Lebanon should include “full Israeli freedom of action against any violation”, on the back of the newly proposed ceasefire deal.
Last week, Israeli Foreign Minister Gideon Saar said the main challenge in any ceasefire agreement with Lebanon would be completely disarming Hezbollah, making it impossible “to arm again with new weapons systems”, and ensuring the group’s forces are removed from Israel’s border entirely.
His comments came a day after newly appointed Defence Minister Israel Katz also claimed that the Israeli military had defeated Hezbollah, calling the elimination of its leader, Hassan Nasrallah, the crowning achievement.
On Sunday, Israel said it killed Hezbollah’s chief spokesman, Muhammad Afif, dealing yet another blow and showing it seeks the group’s destruction.
Israel and Hezbollah exchange fire in southern Lebanon
Hezbollah says it bombed a gathering of Israeli forces in the town of Khiam in southern Lebanon for the third time today. Meanwhile, our colleagues at Al Jazeera Arabic reported that Israeli artillery bombed the vicinity of Bazouriyah town in southern Lebanon.
Earlier, they reported that Israeli artillery also bombed the vicinity of the towns of Chihine and al-Jebain.
Barrage of rockets fired into Israeli territory from Lebanon, army says
The Israeli army says about 30 rockets were identified crossing from Lebanon into Israeli territory in the upper and western Galilee areas. The army said on Telegram that some of the rockets were intercepted, and the rest fell into open areas.
For its part, Hezbollah fired a barrage of rockets at the Shraga base, the administrative headquarters of the Golani Brigade command, north of the Israeli city of Acre.
About 60 rockets cross from Lebanon into Israeli territory, army says
The Israeli army says about 60 rockets have been fired by Hezbollah into Israeli territory today. Earlier, the army reported a barrage of 30 rockets this morning, saying some of the projectiles fell into open spaces in upper and western Galilee in northern Israel.







