At least 6 people killed in Israeli strike on Baalbek region
At least six people, including three children, have been killed by an Israeli attack on al-Khraiba village, Lebanon’s Health Ministry said. Eleven others, including five children, were wounded.
Hezbollah reviewing ceasefire draft
A ceasefire proposal to halt fighting in Lebanon is still being reviewed after a copy was handed over earlier this week by the US ambassador to Lebanon to Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri, who has been negotiating on behalf of Hezbollah.
An unnamed Lebanese official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press that Berri is expected to give Lebanon’s response on Monday.
Berri told the pan-Arab Asharq Al-Awsat daily newspaper the draft does not include any demand that allows Israel to act militarily in Lebanon if the deal is violated. “We will not accept any infringement of our sovereignty,” Berri was quoted as saying.
One of the items mentioned in the draft that Lebanon does not accept is a proposal to form a committee to supervise the agreement that includes members from Western countries. “The atmosphere is positive but all relies on how things will end,” said Berri.
In Lebanon, Halevi says Israeli forces will continue to fight Hezbollah
Israeli army’s chief of staff Herzi Halevi said that the military will continue to strike Lebanon until displaced Israelis from the north can return.
“Hezbollah has paid a high price, its chain of command has collapsed, many of its operatives have been killed, and extensive infrastructure dismantled,” Halevi said in a statement released by the Israeli army.
“This organisation will continue to shoot, we will continue to fight, to implement plans, go further, conduct deep strikes, and hit Hezbollah very hard.
“We will stop when we know that we are bringing the residents [of northern Israel back] safely.”
I guess that's never then, you're only making more enemies. There can't be peace without trust and there is zero trust left on either side. There will need to be an expansion of UN peace keeping forces with a mandate to act against both Israeli occupation (Sheeba farms still occupied) and Hezbollah.
Another Israeli soldier killed in Lebanon
The Israeli army says a 21-year-old soldier fighting as part of the 13th battalion was killed in southern Lebanon. At least 47 Israeli soldiers have been killed in combat with Hezbollah since September 30, according to AFP.







