Drone hits civil defence team in Nabatieh, Lebanon
An Israeli drone hit a civil defence team on Arnoun-Kfar Tibnit road in the Nabatieh governorate in Lebanon while they conducted fieldwork. The National News Agency reported initial information from the attack signalled there were injuries among the paramedics.
On Thursday, at least 12 medics were killed in an air strike on a civil defence centre in Lebanon’s eastern Baalbek region. The killings pushed the number of rescue workers Israel has killed in Lebanon to more than 100 in the past year – most of them since early October.
New Israeli attacks on south Beirut
A new air strike targeted the southern suburbs of the Lebanese capital midafternoon. Images show a column of smoke rising over the suburbs while the state-run National News Agency reported an air raid by “enemy aircraft” in the neighbourhood of Chiyah.
Israel’s air force has been attacking southern Beirut repeatedly, saying it’s targeting Hezbollah’s “infrastructure”.
Two more paramedics killed in Israeli attacks on southern Lebanon: Ministry
We reported earlier that an Israeli drone hit a civil defence team on Arnoun-Kfar Tibnit road in the Nabatieh governorate in Lebanon while they conducted fieldwork. The country’s Health Ministry now says the attack killed at least one paramedic, injured four others and two more paramedics are still missing.
At least one more paramedic was killed in a separate Israeli attack at dawn in the town of Burj Rahhal in southern Lebanon’s Tyre district, the ministry said. The victim was “directly targeted by the Israeli enemy during his rescue work to pull out a wounded person”, it said.
“The Ministry of Public Health reiterates its condemnation of these barbaric attacks on paramedics during their humanitarian rescue work, which shows an unprecedented level of violence that leaves no room for humanitarian values that were previously absent during wars and conflicts,” the ministry’s statement said on X.
Israel launches heavy attack on Lebanon’s Tyre
The Israeli military announced it began a wave of air strikes on the coastal city of Tyre in southern Lebanon. The attack comes after the army issued evacuation orders for at least 14 buildings earlier today.
Israel says 65 rockets fired from Lebanon
The Israeli military says about 65 rockets were fired from the Lebanese side of the border into Israel today. At the same time, Israeli forces issued three evacuation orders for residents in the southern city of Tyre and the southern suburbs of the capital Beirut.
Israel’s military said in Lebanon and Gaza more than 160 “terrorist targets” were attacked from the air over the last day.
Israeli forces retreat after pushing deep into Lebanon
Israeli soldiers reached their deepest point in Lebanon since they invaded six weeks ago before pulling back after fierce battles with Hezbollah fighters.
Troops captured a strategic hill in the southern Lebanese village of Chamaa, five kilometres (three miles) from the Israeli border early Saturday, the state-run National News Agency reports, adding Israeli soldiers were later pushed back from the position.
Israeli forces blew up the Shrine of Shimon the Prophet in Chamaa, as well as several homes, before they withdrew, the news report said.
Israel’s military said in a statement that its troops “continue their limited, localized, and targeted operational activity in southern Lebanon”.
The push on the ground came as Israeli warplanes pounded Beirut’s southern suburbs as well as several other areas in southern Lebanon, including the port city of Tyre.
2 Islamic Jihad leaders confirmed killed in Israeli attack on Syria
Two senior Palestinian Islamic Jihad figures were killed in an Israeli strike on Syria this week.
An Islamic Jihad statement confirmed Abdel Aziz Minawi and Rasmi Yusuf Abu Issa were killed alongside “a group of the movement’s cadres” in the Thursday air raid on offices and apartments in the capital Damascus.
Minawi, born in 1945, was described as a “prominent leader”, and Abu Issa, born in 1972, as Islamic Jihad’s “head of Arab relations”.
The group said the bodies were recovered on Saturday morning. It pledged that their deaths would “only increase our firmness and determination to continue the resistance” against Israel.

The aftermath of an Israeli strike in the Damascus suburb of Mazzeh on Thursday







