By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Hezbollah claims rocket attacks on Israel

The Lebanese armed group said its fighters launched four attacks on Israeli positions on Wednesday evening, including in the settlements of Liman and Gesher HaZiv and the city of Kiryat Shmona.

The attacks came as Hezbollah’s new leader, Naim Qassem, said the group would keep fighting Israel until it is offered ceasefire terms it deems acceptable.

“If the Israelis decide to stop the aggression, we say that we accept, but according to the conditions that we see as suitable,” Qassem said in the prerecorded televised address.

“We will not beg for a ceasefire,” he said.


Explosion reported in Israeli city of Nahariya

The Hezbollah-affiliated al-Manar news outlet reports that the explosion was the result of a drone launched from Lebanon crashing into a target in Israel’s northernmost coastal city.

Hezbollah also posted footage of the alleged drone attack on its Telegram channel without claiming responsibility.

No casualties or injuries have been reported so far.


UN peacekeeping mission in Lebanon targeted 30 times in October

A spokesman for the force, which is known as UNIFIL, said the 30 incidents had resulted in property damage or injury to peacekeepers and included 20 from Israeli fire or action.

Andrea Tenenti said seven of the Israeli actions were “clearly deliberate”.

For about a dozen other incidents, the origin of the fire could not be determined.

“What has been very concerning are incidents where peacekeepers performing their monitoring tasks, as well as our cameras, lighting and entire watchtowers, have been deliberately targeted by the [Israeli army],” Tenenti told a news conference.

“To be clear, the actions of both the [Israeli army] and Hezbollah are putting peacekeepers in danger,” he added.

The UN peacekeeping force has been deployed in Lebanon since Israel invaded the country in 1978.


Iraqi armed group claims three drone attacks on Israel

The Islamic Resistance in Iraq said it launched drone attacks on “vital” targets in the occupied Golan Heights and northern Israel, as well as a military site in the south of the country.

The Iran-backed group, comprising several Iraqi militias, has stepped up attacks targeting Israel as the Israeli military intensifies its assault on Gaza and Lebanon. The group, which says it is acting in solidarity with the people of Palestine and Lebanon, has also launched rockets and drone attacks at US forces in Iraq and Syria.


Israel’s military intercepts projectiles from Lebanon

The military said it shot down an unmanned aircraft that crossed from Lebanon into the western Galilee region at around 1:30am local time. The statement came as Lebanese media reported that a drone had exploded in Nahariya, the northernmost city in Israel.

The Israeli military also said several projectiles were detected in the upper Galilee at around the same time, but that they fell in open areas.

Earlier, the military said an unmanned aircraft had crossed “from the east” into the occupied Golan Heights. The drone fell, but there were no reports of damage or casualties, it said.