Palestinian UN envoy calls Israeli operation in north Gaza ‘genocide within genocide’
Ambassador Majed Bamya, the deputy permanent observer of Palestine to the UN, has condemned Israel’s eight-day siege of northern Israel, in which hundreds of Palestinians have been reported killed and thousands of residents ordered to flee.
“What is happening in northern Gaza now is a genocide within the genocide,” Bamya wrote on X.
Osama Hamdan, Hamas’s representative in Lebanon, told Al Jazeera that Israel has “prevented the entry of food supplies to the north for 10 days”, as he called Israel’s recent military operations in the Jabalia refugee camp “a crime against humanity”.
توثيق لحظة إلقاء مسيرة "كوادكوبتر" قنبلة على مجموعة من الفلسطينيين بينهم أطفال في مخيم جباليا#فيديو #حرب_غزة pic.twitter.com/lUTfd5eadM
— الجزيرة فلسطين (@AJA_Palestine) October 13, 2024
Translation: Documenting the moment a quadcopter dropped a bomb on a group of Palestinians, including children, in Jabalia camp.
Eight confirmed dead in Nuseirat attack, including 6 children
We earlier reported that at least seven people had been killed in an Israeli attack on the Abu Dalal family home in the Nuseirat area of central Gaza. The Wafa news agency now confirms that at least eight people – six children and their parents – were killed in that attack.
Wafa also reports that six Palestinians, most of them children, were injured when the Israeli military bombed a home in the Tuffah neighbourhood of Gaza City.
Israel attempts Jabalia camp takeover after earlier failures: Analyst
Military analyst Elijah Magnier has told Al Jazeera that the Israeli military’s siege of northern Gaza – which has entered its ninth day and resulted in hundreds of Palestinians reported killed so far – is part of the latest attempt by Israel to take control of the Jabalia refugee camp in the north of the Strip.
“The Israeli army pushed their tanks to surround the Jabalia camp. This is the third time they are trying to break into the camp after failing the first and the second time,” Magnier said.
“They bombarded and destroyed large parts of it in the previous attempts, causing large numbers of casualties,” he said. “And their operation now aims at controlling the Jabalia camp, if they can this time. They have not managed that so far,” he added.
Palestinians in north Gaza ‘cut off from the outside world’
Palestinians in northern Gaza, about 400,000 people, are trapped, with the Israeli military not allowing anyone to leave the area despite issuing an evacuation order. People are stuck in their homes and not getting any food, water supplies or other essentials. They’ve been cut off from the outside world and constantly bombarded.
This is a systematic mass slaughter. At least 200 people have been killed since the beginning of this ground offensive earlier this month. More than 70 bodies are still on the streets of Jabalia, Beit Lahiya, and Beit Hanoon as civil defence workers say they’re unable to retrieve them because of Israeli attacks.
What’s happening now is a continuation of the genocidal acts that began a year ago.







