The Wednesday news:
SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS
GOG has a new sale and a new release:
- The Midweek Sale comes with up to 90% discounts until Saturday: https://www.gog.com/promo/20210721_midweek_sale
- And the game Ticket to Earth arrives with a 66% discount until July 28: https://www.gog.com/game/ticket_to_earth
Steam has two new daily deals and five new Midweek Madness deals:
- The first daily deal is Genesis Noir, 30% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/735290/Genesis_Noir/
- The second one is the Early Access title Axis & Allies 1942 Online, 50% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/898920/Axis__Allies_1942_Online/
- The first Midweek Madness deal is Before We Leave, 40% off until Friday: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1073910/Before_We_Leave/
- CARRION is 40% off until the 23rd: https://store.steampowered.com/app/953490/CARRION/
- Hunt: Showdown will be 50% off until Friday 23: https://store.steampowered.com/app/594650/Hunt_Showdown/
- Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 is going to be 25% off until next Monday: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1338770/Sniper_Ghost_Warrior_Contracts_2/
- And publisher PlayWay puts it games up to 90% off until July 27: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/PlayWaySale2021
Fanatical has two new deals:
- The new Star Deal is Tomb Raider GOTY Edition, 88% off during the next 24 hours: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tomb-raider-goty-edition
- And the new Guardian Bundle 3 comes with 12 games split into 3 tiers of 3, 9 and 12 products: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/guardian-bundle-3
SOFTWARE & DRIVERS
Steam's Big Picture mode will be replaced by Steam Deck's UI
A Valve spokesperson has confirmed that Steam's Big Picture mode will be replaced by the Steam Deck's user interface. Big Picture mode is Steam's version of a console-like user interface: It can be navigated using a controller, and was pretty slick back when Steam Machines were still possibly going to change the console landscape (spoiler: they didn't). To say that Big Picture has grown long in the tooth is maybe an understatement, as it hasn't received a major refresh since 2015.
MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS
New details surface for IO Interactive’s James Bond game, will be third-person
In November 2020, IO Interactive announced a new official James Bond game, codenamed Project 007. And today, a couple of new details about it have emerged via a job listing.
>> So, it will be Hitman but with a haired protagonist. Not a bad thing.
Konami’s PES series is now officially a free-to-play game, PC version won’t have next-gen graphics
Konami has officially announced that its Pro Evolution Soccer series will be now renamed to eFootball. eFootball promises to be an all-new football simulation platform, and will be free to play on all devices.
New gameplay footage surfaces from Aliens: Fireteam Elite’s latest Alpha Test
Game Informer has shared a video, showing 16 minutes of gameplay footage from Aliens: Fireteam Elite’s latest Alpha Test. In addition, Nick930 shared a comparison video between Aliens: Fireteam Elite and Aliens: Colonial Marines.
Please excuse my bad English.
Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070
Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.