Friday news, part two:
Evil Genius 2 has a dodo that teaches you science
In a new devlog, Rebellion has detailed their upcoming lair builder's new World Domination mode. This time, there's more to keep an eye on than just your base. Instead, Evil Genius 2 wants to give you the feeling of actual world domination by letting you establish global operations. You can send your minions to places far and wide to set up a criminal network for you, collect gold and complete objectives. The world is not going to let you merrily dominate it, however—the forces of good can launch counter attacks if you overdo your scheming, and even unleash "super agents" to take care of you.
Watch Cyberpunk 2077's latest Night City Wire livestream here
Update: The show is over, but the cyber-beat goes on. The fifth episode of Cyberpunk 2077's Night City Wire livestreams can now be viewed in its entirety up above. This one is a showcase for the music: The focus is on Johnny Silverhand (and, of course, Keanu Reeves) but there's also a look at some of the in-game radio stations and the music that will play on them, and a five-minute gameplay trailer that details your introduction to Johnny, and what he has in mind for the two of you—and Night City.
Cyberpunk 2077 video goes behind the scenes with Keanu Reeves
The final episode of Cyberpunk 2077's Night City Wire livestreams kicked off with a new trailer featuring Johnny Silverhand, the cyber-armed rock star portrayed by Keanu Reeves.
Here are six new tracks from the Cyberpunk 2077 OST
Today's Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire livestream was (almost) all about the music. A lot of it focused on Johnny Silverhand and his human counterpart Keanu Reeves, naturally, but it also spent some time showcasing Cyberpunk 2077's original score and licensed soundtrack. Six of those tracks, by composers Paul Leonard-Morgan, Marcin Przybyłowicz, and P.T. Adamczyk, were posted to YouTube after the show was over, and you can listen to them all below.
12 Minutes, The Artful Escape, and Last Stop pushed into 2021
It had to happen: Annapurna Interactive has officially delayed its three remaining new games for 2020. Timeloop thriller 12 Minutes, musical platformer The Artful Escape, and narrative third-person adventure Last Stop will all release sometime in 2021. The only Annapurna game currently still slated for release is the Steam version of Wattam, Funomena's colourful puzzler, which released on the Epic Store last year.
Nebuchadnezzar is an Impressions-style city builder coming next year
I'm a sucker for anything remotely evocative of one of Impressions Games' classic city builders, and with Nebuchadnezzar its inspiration couldn't be clearer. I last wrote about it nearly a year ago, back when it was first announced, and finally there's a release date. You'll be able to build your own cities and raise monuments in February. In the meantime, point your eyes at the trailer above.
Bungie nerfs Stasis Warlock and promises to add more guns to Destiny 2: Beyond Light
The Destiny 2: Beyond Light expansion went live earlier this week with the big addition of a new elemental power, Stasis, that enables players to slow, freeze, and shatter enemies. It very quickly became clear that it was working a little too well for the new for the new Shadebinder Warlock, though, and by "a little" I mean a lot, and by "a lot" I mean, as Bungie put it in its latest weekly update, "we mean insanely huge."
Yikes, Call of Duty: Warzone's infinite stim glitch is back to ruin your day
If you're planning on hopping into Call of Duty: Warzone tonight, consider sitting this one out. Just over a month after Infinity Ward fixed a widespread exploit that allowed anyone to cheat their way to victory, it looks like the infinite stim glitch is back.
Marvel's Avengers DLC will add Kate Bishop and a new villain on December 8
The Taking AIM DLC that will add Kate Bishop to Marvel's Avengers was originally supposed to arrive in October, but what we got instead was a "slight delay" so developer Crystal Dynamics could focus its efforts on fixing and tuning the game instead. Today Square Enix announced that the new Avenger will join the team on December 8—and she won't be alone.
Total War: Warhammer 2 is adding dragon-riding elf twins and a skaven named 'Throt the Unclean'
A sixth legendary lord pack has been announced for Total War: Warhammer 2, this time adding the Clan Moulder skaven faction led by Throt the Unclean, whose theme is "extremely gross mutated monsters", and the elven Heralds of Ariel faction led by the Sisters of Twilight, who earn items forged by a master smith over the course of a campaign and ride a dragon for good measure.
Vermintide 2's dwarf has a minigun now
Earlier this year co-op Warhammer-em-up Vermintide 2 received some new DLC in the form of an additional career for moustachioed soldier Markus Kruber, turning him into the armored Grail Knight. As developers Fatshark teased in a recent stream, the next character receiving a premium career is Bardin Goreksson the dwarf. The DLC is out now, and it transforms Bardin into the Outcast Engineer.
The Internet Archive's new Flash library is a nostalgic goldmine
Flash is dying. On December 31, Adobe is pulling the plug on the venerable animation tool. With browsers increasingly removing support for the software anyway, that frontier of game development has become harder and harder to revisit. This week, the Internet Archive launched its own Flash software library, a catalogue of .swf files that lets you revisit the best (and worst) games of the 2000s as their creators intended—through a tiny window in your web browser.
Wobbledogs wants you to look after a kennel of very normal pups next year
Dogs. Man's best friends. Four legs, a wet nose and a wagging tail... but wait, are we sure they only have four paws? What if we tripled the number of eyes? Why can't the tail be a tree? So goes Wobbledogs, a delightfully daft upcoming "pet simulation" that dares to redefine our canine companions.
And these are the weekend deals at GOG and Steam:
- The Weekly Sale features Immersive Strategy Games up to 90% off: https://www.gog.com/promo/20201116_weekly_sale
- The Games made in Poland Sale 2020 and its 90% discounts will last another 3 days: https://www.gog.com/promo/made_in_poland_2020
- The Daedalic Autumn Sale with its up to 90% discounts ill last another 46 hours: https://www.gog.com/promo/20201116_daedalic_sale
- The Midweek Sale with its board based or inspired games up to 80% off will last another 22 hours: https://www.gog.com/promo/20201118_midweek_sale
- There's also the Throwback Entertainment Sale, that will last another 6 days and come with up to 50% discounts: https://www.gog.com/promo/throwback_thursday
- The first of the Weekend Sales features Visual Novels up to 90% discounts: https://www.gog.com/promo/20201120_weekend_sale
- The second Weekend Sale features games from publisher Versus Evil, up to 80% off: https://www.gog.com/promo/versus_evil_weekend
- Shemnue III launches on the store with a promo that will last the next 7 days: https://www.gog.com/promo/20201119_launch_promo_shenmue_iii
- And the Terminal cuts of Bloodrayne and Bloodrayne 2 lands on the store with 34% discounts until November 27: https://www.gog.com/news/release_terminal_cuts_of_bloodrayne_and_bloodrayne_2
- The new daily deal is House Flipper, 50% off: https://store.steampowered.com/app/613100/House_Flipper/
- The DevGAMM conference comes on the store with up to 76% discounts for the next 63 hours: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/devgamm
- The first of the weekend deals is Shenmue III, 66% off until November 25: https://store.steampowered.com/app/878670/Shenmue_III/
- The second one is theHunter: Call of the Wild, 70% off until Wednesday: https://store.steampowered.com/app/518790/theHunter_Call_of_the_Wild/
- And Hearts of Iron IV is 75% off until Wednesday 25: https://store.steampowered.com/app/394360/Hearts_of_Iron_IV/
- And of course, there's also the weeklong deals.
That all folks! Until next time, have a happy and gaming weekend.
Please excuse my bad English.
Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070
Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.