- PlayStation are more focused on next-gen.
- Xbox are more focused on Game Pass.
- Nintendo are more focused on hybrid/portable market and their evergreen IPs.
- Water is still wet.
What this translates to:
- PlayStation will be the faster selling next-gen system.
- Xbox have the best subscription model, and while supporting cross-gen still has far more momentum coming into the next gen. By getting more people into their ecosystem, they help their chances of an increased market share long-term, even though they'll probably still 'lose'.
- Nintendo will still have the best-selling system until 2022 at least.
Don't worry. Lord Gabe wouldn't tell us all to buy the new Xbox over PS if it was just some niche side-product