GrotesqueOne said: From: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-18438_7-10142913-82.html
My reaction/thoughts (not in bold)
1. Digital downloads will not eliminate the need for discs anytime soon.
It has in music.
2. Having one clear standard is a big advantage.
True. Isn't that DVD?
3. Blu-ray isn't going to be replaced by another disc format anytime soon.
BRD is trying to replace a standard. It is not the standard.
4. Prices for large-screen HDTVs will continue to drop.
Maybe. But demand is so far down that the No. 2 US electronics retailer folded.
5. Prices for Blu-ray players will continue to drop.
Right now, they are almost as low as VCRs in the mid-1990s (mid $200 range)
6. Prices for Blu-ray discs will drop to near DVD price levels.
Near <> as low as
7. Sony will sell lots of PlayStation 3 game consoles.
They have not shown a propensity to do this so far.
8. Sony can't afford to have Blu-ray fail.
True. Not sure what it cano do about it.
9. Sony and its partners will figure out a way to have Blu-ray resonate with the public.
Partners like Samsung which is already talking about the advantages of Digital Downloads.
Mike from Morgantown