Quantcast
buyng a graphic card

Forums - PC Discussion - buyng a graphic card

Hi, Im buyng a new graphic card and I wanna Know if this is a good option:

Video card Xfx 9600GT 1024MB DDR3 Standar (PV-T94P-ZHFU)

PCI-Express 2.0, 256 Bits, Directx 10, Windows Vista, HDTV Dual DVI


Includes:

  * Xfx Geforce 9600 GT 1,024 MB DDR3 Standar

  * Manual User, Quick Install, Drivers Xfx

  * Game Full Call of Duty 4 ( Bundled )

  * Adapters 2 DVI-CRT

  * Cable de HDTV out

  * Power Cable 6 pin

Bundles: Call of Duty 4
Bus Type: PCI-E 2.0
GPU Clock: 650 Mhz
Memory Bus: 256
Memory Type: DDR3
Memory Size: 1024 MB
Memory Speed: 1800 Mhz
Thermal Solution: FANSINK
Minimum Power Supply Requirement: 400 Watt
Outputs: HDTV, , Dual-Link DVI
Card Dimensions: 9" x 4.376" x 0.75"
Package Contents: S-Video Cable, DVI Adapter, 6 Pin Y Power Cable



My definition of fanboy: An idiot that misses 2/3 of the fun.

Around the Network

Sounds good, you'll be able to play a lot of games with that puppy. Call of Duty 4 comes with it? Even better. How much are you paying for it though?



Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

It's a good card. Personally I would be tempted to spend an extra $10-20 dollars to get the 9800 because it does offer a few goodies like running the NVidia 3-D. Obviously you could also make a case for every card up to the 9800 GTx+ with 1GB RAM which is faster than a 9800 GT SLI.

It all depends on your budget and expectations. I do recommend that you spend a moment at Toms Hardware http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-q3-2008/benchmarks,30.html

You will likely be able to select the game you are interested in and your monitor resolution and see exactly what frame rate to expect. The guide to the "Best" graphic card is also useful ib giving comparisons at different price points.



Grampy said:

It's a good card. Personally I would be tempted to spend an extra $10-20 dollars to get the 9800 because it does offer a few goodies like running the NVidia 3-D. Obviously you could also make a case for every card up to the 9800 GTx+ with 1TB RAM which is faster than a 9800 GT SLI.

It all depends on your budget and expectations. I do recommend that you spend a moment at Toms Hardware http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-q3-2008/benchmarks,30.html

You will likely be able to select the game you are interested in and your monitor resolution and see exactly what frame rate to expect. The guide to the "Best" graphic card is also useful ib giving comparisons at different price points.

 

I think you mean 1GB. lol

But he's right, the 9800GTX is a much better card, Higher bit memory controller, more shaders.

 

All in all a much better card.



"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."

WraithPriests PC:                
QX6850@3.6GHZ

4GB OCZ Reaper X PC8000
GTX470 (774/1548/3900)    
nForce 780i MoBo
1.25TB HDD (1x1TB, 1x250GB)
A+ El Diablo 2 Case
Vista x64
WraithPriest said:
Grampy said:

It's a good card. Personally I would be tempted to spend an extra $10-20 dollars to get the 9800 because it does offer a few goodies like running the NVidia 3-D. Obviously you could also make a case for every card up to the 9800 GTx+ with 1TB RAM which is faster than a 9800 GT SLI.

It all depends on your budget and expectations. I do recommend that you spend a moment at Toms Hardware http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-q3-2008/benchmarks,30.html

You will likely be able to select the game you are interested in and your monitor resolution and see exactly what frame rate to expect. The guide to the "Best" graphic card is also useful ib giving comparisons at different price points.

 I think you mean 1GB. lol

But he's right, the 9800GTX is a much better card, Higher bit memory controller, more shaders.

 All in all a much better card.

Sorry, (Duh!) of course I meant 1GB. I've been selecting a new computer and I guess I had TB on my mind. Thanks for catching that.

 



Around the Network
Grampy said:
WraithPriest said:
Grampy said:

It's a good card. Personally I would be tempted to spend an extra $10-20 dollars to get the 9800 because it does offer a few goodies like running the NVidia 3-D. Obviously you could also make a case for every card up to the 9800 GTx+ with 1TB RAM which is faster than a 9800 GT SLI.

It all depends on your budget and expectations. I do recommend that you spend a moment at Toms Hardware http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-q3-2008/benchmarks,30.html

You will likely be able to select the game you are interested in and your monitor resolution and see exactly what frame rate to expect. The guide to the "Best" graphic card is also useful ib giving comparisons at different price points.

 I think you mean 1GB. lol

But he's right, the 9800GTX is a much better card, Higher bit memory controller, more shaders.

 All in all a much better card.

Sorry, (Duh!) of course I meant 1GB. I've been selecting a new computer and I guess I had TB on my mind. Thanks for catching that.

 

 

Thats ok, give it a few more years and we'll look back and laugh that 1TB was actually a mistake as opposed to a feature!



"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."

WraithPriests PC:                
QX6850@3.6GHZ

4GB OCZ Reaper X PC8000
GTX470 (774/1548/3900)    
nForce 780i MoBo
1.25TB HDD (1x1TB, 1x250GB)
A+ El Diablo 2 Case
Vista x64

Im in México and Im paying around $200 USD for this card, I wanted a 4870 but here it cost like $500 USD or more, enough for a ps3, and the 9800 gtx its like 50 to 70 USD more, so I think this is an ok option.

I wanted to know if this card will support most of the games coming out this year (fps mostly).



My definition of fanboy: An idiot that misses 2/3 of the fun.

hitoriki said:
Im in México and Im paying around $200 USD for this card, I wanted a 4870 but here it cost like $500 USD or more, enough for a ps3, and the 9800 gtx its like 50 to 70 USD more, so I think this is an ok option.

I wanted to know if this card will support most of the games coming out this year (fps mostly).

 

 What about the 4850? How much in Mex? It's faster than the 9800GTX.

Anyway, from those 3 you listed, going by the prices, 9600GT is the best choice.

It will run all the games coming this year fine (there is nothing even near as demanding as Crisis coming in 2009).



@slimebeast
The 4850 is around $300 USD here.



My definition of fanboy: An idiot that misses 2/3 of the fun.

hitoriki said:
@slimebeast
The 4850 is around $300 USD here.

 

 It pains me to say this, but the Nvidia 9600GT for $200 is the best deal then (slightly).