Quantcast
Global Hardware 07 September 2019

Forums - Latest Charts - Global Hardware 07 September 2019

Daaaamn the Switch is even higher than last week. Like quarter of a million each week, hope it can sustain that and more!



Liberate Hong Kong, the revolution of our times!

Around the Network

Nice, Switch has now sold 50% life time of what the 3DS has sold life time as well! The 3DS has been around 8.75ish years, switch been around 2.75ish years.



RetroGamer94 said:
Nice, Switch has now sold 50% life time of what the 3DS has sold life time as well! The 3DS has been around 8.75ish years, switch been around 2.75ish years.

How many ishes do you reckon it will take to outsell the 3DS?



PS4: 6th year, no new Big releases, no price cut, MRSP $299/399. And over 200K Damm.

Switch is doing better, the new model gave a big boost.

Still I guess ps4 is undertracked and switch overtracked, but I could be wrong.



kazuyamishima said:
PS4: 6th year, no new Big releases, no price cut, MRSP $299/399. And over 200K Damm.

Switch is doing better, the new model gave a big boost.

Still I guess ps4 is undertracked and switch overtracked, but I could be wrong.

I rather think it's the other way around. Sony hasn't said anything yet about 100M sold trough, right? I think that's just too big a number not to make an announcement for.

Switch on the other hand had the new model outside of Japan 2 weeks earlier, but that didn't get represented in the weekly charts, so I think it's actually a bit undertracked.

Guess we're gonna see in a month with the next quarterly reports how close the tracking really is.



Around the Network
SammyGiireal said:
The most surprising stat here is how strong the PS4 keeps selling after all this time.

It still has games....

(a few upcomeing (2019-2020)) PS4 games (not on xbox):

Concrete Genie
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
Disgaea 4 Complete+
Death Stranding
Inazuma Eleven Ares
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Granblue Fantasy Versus
Dreams
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (jp only so far)
Cube Life: Island Survival HD
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
MediEvil - Remake
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5
The Yakuza Remastered Collection
Yakuza: Like a Dragon (8th mainline)
Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist
Shenmue III
Starbound
Star Ocean: First Departure R
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
Senran Kagura 7EVEN
Soul Saga: Episode 1
Nioh 2
Trials of Mana Remake
Persona 5: The Royal
Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers
Project Sakura Wars
Praey for the Gods
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV
Manifold Garden
Gungrave G.O.R.E.
Ghost of Tsushima
The Last of Us Part II
Yo-kai Watch 4

Games sell hardware, not the other way around.
You want a platform to do well, you need to keep the users engaged with quality titles, even better if your place is the only place to play them.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 20 September 2019

Bofferbrauer2 said:
kazuyamishima said:
PS4: 6th year, no new Big releases, no price cut, MRSP $299/399. And over 200K Damm.

Switch is doing better, the new model gave a big boost.

Still I guess ps4 is undertracked and switch overtracked, but I could be wrong.

I rather think it's the other way around. Sony hasn't said anything yet about 100M sold trough, right? I think that's just too big a number not to make an announcement for.

Switch on the other hand had the new model outside of Japan 2 weeks earlier, but that didn't get represented in the weekly charts, so I think it's actually a bit undertracked.

Guess we're gonna see in a month with the next quarterly reports how close the tracking really is.

ZhugeEX kinda confirmed its over 100m though.
He said that PS4 was over 30m in the USA, and its almost 30% of total PS4 sales.

That basically saying theres over 70m PS4 out there, somewhere else not in the USA.

Sony did at one point say they had now shipped more than 100m units.



JRPGfan said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I rather think it's the other way around. Sony hasn't said anything yet about 100M sold trough, right? I think that's just too big a number not to make an announcement for.

Switch on the other hand had the new model outside of Japan 2 weeks earlier, but that didn't get represented in the weekly charts, so I think it's actually a bit undertracked.

Guess we're gonna see in a month with the next quarterly reports how close the tracking really is.

ZhugeEX kinda confirmed its over 100m though.
He said that PS4 was over 30m in the USA, and its almost 30% of total PS4 sales.

That basically saying theres over 70m PS4 out there, somewhere else not in the USA.

Sony did at one point say they had now shipped more than 100m units.

That doesnt confirm 100m sell through, he said over 30m in US and around 30% of total sales. It could be 30.1m in US and be 30.5% of sales which would be like ~98.7m globally.

Since he didn't specifically mention 100m sell through and Sony hasnt commented on it yet than it's safe to say it's not quite there yet.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

kazuyamishima said:
PS4: 6th year, no new Big releases, no price cut, MRSP $299/399. And over 200K Damm.

Switch is doing better, the new model gave a big boost.

Still I guess ps4 is undertracked and switch overtracked, but I could be wrong.

Monster hunter did provide a solid 20k boost to japan, but that’s about it 



kazuyamishima said:
PS4: 6th year, no new Big releases, no price cut, MRSP $299/399. And over 200K Damm.

really impressive. MediEvil Remake and Congrete Genie are coming in october :D And after that "Death Stranding" and Shenmue 3, cant wait of the new numbers then!!

JRPGfan said:
SammyGiireal said:
The most surprising stat here is how strong the PS4 keeps selling after all this time.

It still has games....

(a few upcomeing (2019-2020)) PS4 games (not on xbox):

Concrete Genie
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
Disgaea 4 Complete+
Death Stranding
Inazuma Eleven Ares
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Granblue Fantasy Versus
Dreams
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (jp only so far)
Cube Life: Island Survival HD
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
MediEvil - Remake
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5
The Yakuza Remastered Collection
Yakuza: Like a Dragon (8th mainline)
Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist
Shenmue III
Starbound
Star Ocean: First Departure R
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
Senran Kagura 7EVEN
Soul Saga: Episode 1
Nioh 2
Trials of Mana Remake
Persona 5: The Royal
Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers
Project Sakura Wars
Praey for the Gods
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV
Manifold Garden
Gungrave G.O.R.E.
Ghost of Tsushima
The Last of Us Part II
Yo-kai Watch 4

Games sell hardware, not the other way around.
You want a platform to do well, you need to keep the users engaged with quality titles, even better if your place is the only place to play them.

thanks for the list! good to know.

JRPGfan said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I rather think it's the other way around. Sony hasn't said anything yet about 100M sold trough, right? I think that's just too big a number not to make an announcement for.

Switch on the other hand had the new model outside of Japan 2 weeks earlier, but that didn't get represented in the weekly charts, so I think it's actually a bit undertracked.

Guess we're gonna see in a month with the next quarterly reports how close the tracking really is.

ZhugeEX kinda confirmed its over 100m though.
He said that PS4 was over 30m in the USA, and its almost 30% of total PS4 sales.

he is official analyst and on VGChartz, right ?



Death Stranding, PS4-Release: November 8! The Last of Us 2, February 21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvG-EpPoCCA