Quantcast
Blu-rays sale percentage tracking

Forums - Sales Discussion - Blu-rays sale percentage tracking

HanzoTheRazor said:
@Grey21

Your attitude towards SONY is very immature and plain ignorant. It seems what u have posted here is a lack of real facts. Maybe your thoughts about SONY aren't truly yours, but instead read someone elses that has obviously mislead u, or your've been told to believe.

Facts;
SONY created the CD.
SONY & Phillips created DVD
SONY & Pioneer (amongst many others) created BD

A worthy company indeed who gets my utmost respect.


Well just to help you out a little,  its actually

Sony & Phillips created the CD
Toshiba, Sony and Phillips created the DVD
Panasonic, Sony and Pioneer (amongst many others) created the BD

You were correct on Blu-ray but being Panasonic has been one of the main driving forces of Blu-ray I felt there name deserved a mention.



Around the Network

i'll start buying and renting movies on blu-ray when the prices drop. They're more expensive and rentals are like 6 bucks instead of 5.



NoPantsHoSlappa said:
i'll start buying and renting movies on blu-ray when the prices drop. They're more expensive and rentals are like 6 bucks instead of 5.

Thats nice...........

 



NoPantsHoSlappa said:
i'll start buying and renting movies on blu-ray when the prices drop. They're more expensive and rentals are like 6 bucks instead of 5.

5? The Red Box is $1 and lasts till 8pm the next DAY. The only reason I haven't bought a blu-ray player is because the Redbox doesn't do blu-rays yet.

 

We have blu-ray players for $88 at Wal-Mart, so I see the adoption rate going higher.



It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
NoPantsHoSlappa said:
i'll start buying and renting movies on blu-ray when the prices drop. They're more expensive and rentals are like 6 bucks instead of 5.

5? The Red Box is $1 and lasts till 8pm the next DAY. The only reason I haven't bought a blu-ray player is because the Redbox doesn't do blu-rays yet.

 

We have blu-ray players for $88 at Wal-Mart, so I see the adoption rate going higher.


Yeah, I dont argue with these people anymore,  they claim they will start buying Blu-rays when the price drops, but anyone paying attention would know that it already has.   People like this have no intention of buying Blu-ray anytime soon.



Around the Network

Well It's only a matter of time when people buy one. Regular DVDs are still dirt cheap. We recently features new Blu-Ray DVDs for $8 including older titles like Cujo and Chaos. The cheaper Blu-Ray gets the more adopters will follow. It's all about price.

Me personally just waiting for redbox to have blu-rays, and I will buy the occasional title on Blu-Ray. Probably Avatar.



It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
Well It's only a matter of time when people buy one. Regular DVDs are still dirt cheap. We recently features new Blu-Ray DVDs for $8 including older titles like Cujo and Chaos. The cheaper Blu-Ray gets the more adopters will follow. It's all about price.

Me personally just waiting for redbox to have blu-rays, and I will buy the occasional title on Blu-Ray. Probably Avatar.

Couldnt be more true.

PRICE is all that matters.

When the Blu Ray prices become competitive in a few years time sales should pick up.

Genuinely thought the take up would be a lot faster than this for BR but I guess the recession and high cost of entry is putting most cost concious consumers off.



I don't know... Would u consider these films to be expensive on BD, cause these are the BDs I have bought through Amazon recently;
Heathers $5.99
Immortal 6.99
The Rundown 9.99
Traitor 8.99
Ink 13.99
Halloween 9.99
Point Break 9.49
50 dead Men walking 12.99
Wolf 10.99
500 Days of Summer 12.99
The Runnig Man 11.99
The Fountain 11.99
Super Troopers 9.99
Wedding Crashers 9.99
Ferris Bullers Day Off 12.99
Big Trouble in Little China 12.99
NearDark 9.99
The Monster Squad 9.99
Night of the Creeps 9.99
Stir of Echos 9.99
Red Heat 7.99
Battle for Terra 11.99
Wyatt Earp 9.99
Out of Time 9.99
KickBoxer 9.99
Fletch 9.99
Body Heat 8.99
Beowolf & Grendel 9.99
The Boondock Saints 9.99
True Romance 9.99
Splinter 9.99
Revenge 9.99
King of New York 9,99
The Proposition 9.99
American Pyscho 9.99
Total Recall 9.99
Out for Justice 9.99
Nicko Above the Law 9.99
The Warriors 9.99
So I Maried an Axe Murderer 10.99
RunLolaRun 9.99
Dawn of the Dead 8.99
Day of the Dead 8.99
EvilDead II 8.99
Triangle 14.49
Whip It 14.49
Dark Blue 9.99



Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

HanzoTheRazor said:
I don't know... Would u consider these films to be expensive on BD, cause these are the BDs I have bought through Amazon recently;
Heathers $5.99
Immortal 6.99
The Rundown 9.99
Traitor 8.99
Ink 13.99
Halloween 9.99
Point Break 9.49
50 dead Men walking 12.99
Wolf 10.99
500 Days of Summer 12.99
The Runnig Man 11.99
The Fountain 11.99
Super Troopers 9.99
Wedding Crashers 9.99
Ferris Bullers Day Off 12.99
Big Trouble in Little China 12.99
NearDark 9.99
The Monster Squad 9.99
Night of the Creeps 9.99
Stir of Echos 9.99
Red Heat 7.99
Battle for Terra 11.99
Wyatt Earp 9.99
Out of Time 9.99
KickBoxer 9.99
Fletch 9.99
Body Heat 8.99
Beowolf & Grendel 9.99
The Boondock Saints 9.99
True Romance 9.99
Splinter 9.99
Revenge 9.99
King of New York 9,99
The Proposition 9.99
American Pyscho 9.99
Total Recall 9.99
Out for Justice 9.99
Nicko Above the Law 9.99
The Warriors 9.99
So I Maried an Axe Murderer 10.99
RunLolaRun 9.99
Dawn of the Dead 8.99
Day of the Dead 8.99
EvilDead II 8.99
Triangle 14.49
Whip It 14.49
Dark Blue 9.99

All irrelevant.

For a comparison to be valid, you must compare like with like.

So in any given store not withstanding specials what is the markup diff between DVD and BR.

Using the UK supermarkets as a guide BR is anywhere from 90 to 200 percent more expensive.



Cypher1980 said:
HanzoTheRazor said:
I don't know... Would u consider these films to be expensive on BD, cause these are the BDs I have bought through Amazon recently;
Heathers $5.99
Immortal 6.99
The Rundown 9.99
Traitor 8.99
Ink 13.99
Halloween 9.99
Point Break 9.49
50 dead Men walking 12.99
Wolf 10.99
500 Days of Summer 12.99
The Runnig Man 11.99
The Fountain 11.99
Super Troopers 9.99
Wedding Crashers 9.99
Ferris Bullers Day Off 12.99
Big Trouble in Little China 12.99
NearDark 9.99
The Monster Squad 9.99
Night of the Creeps 9.99
Stir of Echos 9.99
Red Heat 7.99
Battle for Terra 11.99
Wyatt Earp 9.99
Out of Time 9.99
KickBoxer 9.99
Fletch 9.99
Body Heat 8.99
Beowolf & Grendel 9.99
The Boondock Saints 9.99
True Romance 9.99
Splinter 9.99
Revenge 9.99
King of New York 9,99
The Proposition 9.99
American Pyscho 9.99
Total Recall 9.99
Out for Justice 9.99
Nicko Above the Law 9.99
The Warriors 9.99
So I Maried an Axe Murderer 10.99
RunLolaRun 9.99
Dawn of the Dead 8.99
Day of the Dead 8.99
EvilDead II 8.99
Triangle 14.49
Whip It 14.49
Dark Blue 9.99

All irrelevant.

For a comparison to be valid, you must compare like with like.

So in any given store not withstanding specials what is the markup diff between DVD and BR.

Using the UK supermarkets as a guide BR is anywhere from 90 to 200 percent more expensive.

Well in the US the difference is around 20-30%